Lash pad?!?!?!

73DATSON

Ok I still haven't installed my new CAM!!!!! I can't find Lash pads???? Checked nismo web stie no good went to my Nissan dealers no good???? I order some from nissan parts.cc two WKS later refunded money they don't carry anymore???? Guys I need help????

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Doug used the stock ones and cut up feeler gauges for shims. Got the cam/rocker wipe pattern right on and simply added up the shim thicknesses and ordered the correct lash pad sizes. Only have to do and buy once.

Is there a DIY?

It would be easier to determine the size of pads needed if you had a 150 to work with.

Cut up small pieces of .010 feeler gauge (roundish 1/4" x 1/4") and place underneath pad one at a time until pattern is centered.

If a lobe is just catching one side of the rocker...it takes about .030 to center it

Always set valve lash before wipe pattern

lll.jpg

The bottom of a stock lash pad is recessed, slips over the valve stem.....so it's a little harder to place shims in there.

.......Could cut some smaller pieces I guess.......

You also could cut a feeler gauge length wise and place it on top of the stock pad.

Would need a few .010 gauges...maybe a .020 and or.....and don't forget the valve lash in that mix

If you cut up feeler gauges.....always 'debur' edges

"But".....

I have seven .150 pads and one .140...........they are 4-sale

Who knows.....you might have a longer stem and or to run that .140....lol

'Useless' trivia

The stock lash pad is about .165 thick

The recess is about .069....sooooo...actual 'lift' is around .096

It would be easier to determine the size of pads needed if you had a 150 to work with.

Cut up small pieces of .010 feeler gauge (roundish 1/4" x 1/4") and place underneath pad one at a time until pattern is centered.

If a lobe is just catching one side of the rocker...it takes about .030 to center it

Always set valve lash before wipe pattern

lll.jpg

The bottom of a stock lash pad is recessed, slips over the valve stem.....so it's a little harder to place shims in there.

.......Could cut some smaller pieces I guess.......

You also could cut a feeler gauge length wise and place it on top of the stock pad.

Would need a few .010 gauges...maybe a .020 and or.....and don't forget the valve lash in that mix

If you cut up feeler gauges.....always 'debur' edges

"But".....

I have seven .150 pads and one .140...........they are 4-sale

Who knows.....you might have a longer stem and or to run that .140....lol

'Useless' trivia

The stock lash pad is about .165 thick

The recess is about .069....sooooo...actual 'lift' is around .096

how much for your pads$????

If your Webcam is actually .450 lift (which I would measure to confirm) and your head is in decent shape.....150s should work

you know i didnt want to order that webcam!!!! i was just looking for a BIGGER cam.... ISKY didnt have anything in stock so i kept looking and found webcam had a 450 in stock,but didnt think i'll have a hard time with the lash pads. and to think i want 490cam from isky. and i still do........ i want the ratsun to sound BEEFYYYY. its not a daily driver so i dont care about gas or the street driving comfor......

• 1 month later...

I just ordered lash pads from MSA. They are very low on enventory, but had the thicker ones. I'm kicking myself right now for not making a batch of them. I'm going to now.

FYI, you can cheat on the stock retainers and run thicker lash pads in them by using SB ford keepers. But you have to shim the spring or you end up with a bit lower spring pressure. I ran .220's for 2 years in my L20 at 7200rpm with no problems. Cheaper than retainers.  

I just ordered lash pads from MSA. They are very low on enventory, but had the thicker ones. I'm kicking myself right now for not making a batch of them. I'm going to now.

FYI, you can cheat on the stock retainers and run thicker lash pads in them by using SB ford keepers. But you have to shim the spring or you end up with a bit lower spring pressure. I ran .220's for 2 years in my L20 at 7200rpm with no problems. Cheaper than retainers.

Kool THX, what web site is MSA? I've got some pads from a ratsun here. But I've be busy so don't know if it be the right ones??