I need a new picture hosting site

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thought of having to start over with another hosting site, and transferring all my photos to a new site sucks, but if one wants to have the photos stay on ratsun permanately, then ratsun will need it's own hosting site, as with all older photos posted a long time ago, they start to disappear because whoever is hosting them decides not to host them anymore, a lot of stuff gets lost, like the wiring diagrams that were in the electrical section, they are gone now, I saved the 521 diagram, but the rest are lost to me, and you, unless you saved one on your computer.

This is the reason I went pro on photobucket, that and it's ease of use. Now it's a pain in the ass. Photobucket used to be perfect for hosting forum pictures but now that they fucked it up...

I am not looking forward to the transfer of all of my pics but I will do it if I find a permanent solution.

This.

I checked out fliker and I don't want to create yet another email account I would never check.

You should be able to sign in with google and/or Facebook once youre up and running. I did create a Yahoo account for it, but honestly whats the trouble if youre never going to check it? It take 1min to sign up for it and then you never touch it again. I dont think Ive logged into that Yahoo account in years. 

The only reason I dont like Imgur is that after 6mo of picture inactivity, they delete you pictures. I would never upload anything to their servers I wanted to keep. Those sites like to use them because nobody cares about all the pictures they are sharing... its for an instant gratification and thats it. The pictures arent meant to be kept forever. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Can we not "expand" the bandwidth here?(is it cost effective,,,ie aggrivation of new shit)

To allow direct loading of pictures to here ,and only here(leave Insomniacs for the links?)

Then all us who hate fucking with new shit can use one and only one option>?

Up here..... the powers that be,seem to think we do more than enough downloads etc

They are going to be capping the limits(I think my ISP provider said its 100 to 150 something ) of such(and even better yet,charging more for less)woopie

If you have comcast, it comes free with your own FTP server to host whatever you like. 1gb per account, up to 7 accounts. 7gb is a lot of photos to share on the internet. You choose the quality, and resolution - they don't f with it. You're already paying a grip for use of their internet, might as well make the most of it. Don't even need an FTP client to use the folder, Windows can handle it just fine. If you can use your "My Documents" folder, you can use FTP.

-Robert

Wayno, your complaint with picasa, is my complaint, so I fixed it.

The way I have my picasa setup seems to be exactly what everyone wants, except all the new pics are at the bottom of the page...

I do not have to open another page, and get all my codes just by either copying the img code from the album page, or hitting the check boxes and selecting all I want at once. But you cant see these options without the script I linked to earlier.

Imgur, great for insomniacs, not good for build threads.   I will never host important pictures on sites that dont have accounts.

Can we not "expand" the bandwidth here?(is it cost effective,,,ie aggrivation of new shit)

To allow direct loading of pictures to here ,and only here(leave Insomniacs for the links?)

Then all us who hate fucking with new shit can use one and only one option>?

Up here..... the powers that be,seem to think we do more than enough downloads etc

They are going to be capping the limits(I think my ISP provider said its 100 to 150 something ) of such(and even better yet,charging more for less)woopie

Why not have a "Supporter" option, where you pay a $10 a year subscription fee, and that lets you upload pictures directly to Ratsun's server? Then we could have our own little Albums on our profile page, and link with img codes from them to build threads and whatever.  :geek:

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Why not have a "Supporter" option, where you pay a $10 a year subscription fee, and that lets you upload pictures directly to Ratsun's server? Then we could have our own little Albums on our profile page, and link with img codes from them to build threads and whatever.  :geek:

We already sort of do that here.

But imo this would be the best way to save and keep pictures.

Thing is, I want a permanent solution. I don't want my pictures to disappear after a certain time.

What is the use of doing a tech thread if the pictures get deleted or moved?

and I have enough old emails I never check already :P

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Thing is, I want a permanent solution. I don't want my pictures to disappear after a certain time.

What is the use of doing a tech thread if the pictures get deleted or moved?

and I have enough old emails I never check already :P

saving them on Ratsun(where the threads are) would be a better option(at least I think it would be)

• 5 months later...