Backup Compressor

Hwy all. I am currently running a straight compressed nitrogen airbag setup and I'm wanting to add a backup compressor, (just in case), and would like to know what a good, inexpensive model may be. I need to be able to fill a large bottle if need be. Any thoughts will help.

Edit: II forgot to mention that my truck is a 76 620 with a 89 240sx motor.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than stumbling across a good deal on an electric compressor, I think the least expensive solution is gonna be to get a York compressor off a 70's ford and use it as an engine driven compressor. Assuming you have room under the hood. It requires more work than using an electric compressor, but outperforms anything even remotely close to the price.

engine driven ac conversions are retardely fast and prolly will result in you ditching the bed mounted missle your carrying around....if your fabrication savy look for a york ....if not sandens work well ....i scored a oem datsun york compressor with brackets off here....if u use a sanden plan on doing a grease conversion and then servicing once a year...ie   new grease....

doing bottles is a lazy minitrucker way to get a end result.....there's no benefit ... its not space saving,  it's not safer and just more likely to leave yourself stranded....or worse in case a accident a giant liability... not to mention if it happens your insurance company will not cover any repair cost if your even transporting/using  a bottle like that in the event of any crash....they don't care how soundly its mounted ....not being a dick,   just fyi ..

..plus if you fuck up regulating your air then u risk blowing your bags up.......and if you ever blown a bag u know .... your truck is uber stuck on the ground.....where ever it happens ...

post up some pics of your truck .....we at ratsun are oic whores......startt a build thread in trucks or project datto....

Camber is a biproduct of airbags but like he said its better at ride height..... U see some trucks that fab it so there very little camber at full drop but they end up with massive positive camber at ride height which is way sketchyier then fuck .... If u want help devious cruise up to Olympia I can help u get rid of the skud missile in your bed or what ever but to be honest the setup on your truck looks well thought out ..... Well minus the skud....lol

I do love rolling up first to a red light and dropping that shit on asphalt ...... I bet u get tired of the how do u drive that thing that low when people see I laying on the ground..... I know I get tired of exposing to people the giant hole in my bed isn't factory and that's what allows Lets me drive it anywhere..... Inevitably there next question is ". I bet it rides like shit ....." And in my typical long drawn out sarcastic tone while speaking slowly..... I say ". It rides on air ...!?!". so Ironically me driving at a ridiculously low ride height nets me a better ride then your clapped out ford explorer ....fucking people ..... Toddluck on here is from Longview kelso area and is versed In bagged trucks and currently owns a few 620s too.... I also know him form a Mazda b series forum.... He is good people...