My damned s130

PrimeLuxeZ

UPDATE  7/9/13

Nothing much. Just got the rear panel painted with primer and painted it rattle can white, no clear coat. 

2013-06-18143651_zps2531d466.jpg

2013-06-18151604_zpsedb0c6a2.jpg

I had to reprimer it like three times, since I would let it sit, and the surface rust would go trough. Finally got tired of it and redid it all and painted it to finally be done with that side.

2013-06-18160332_zps9f3412c5.jpg

Then I started to work on the front fender. Was a little harder to remove the paint from that one.

2013-06-18143642_zps1f1e78f1.jpg

2013-06-18145313_zps0165bd28.jpg

2013-06-18145321_zpsb05711c5.jpg

Here you can see how it peels off.

2013-06-18145352_zps3be8d743.jpg

Finally got tired of also seeing it without the window, so I had some butyl sealer left from resealing my z31 leaky quarter windows.

So I gave it a good clean and reinstalled it.

2013-07-05124153_zpsbbe3d3f8.jpg

You can see how clean it is.

2013-07-05130322_zps753ff2f9.jpg

2013-07-05131654_zpsda6070b5.jpg

Put a small bead of it throughout.

2013-07-05132204_zps244f2bf7.jpg

Here it is on.

2013-07-05140643_zps41f4fc1c.jpg

And the panel painted with window, nicest part of the car so far lol.

2013-07-09091453_zpsfcf701da.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE. 7/30/13

So I been back from Florida, for about 4 days now. 

Those wondering I stayed in Ft. Pierce. 

Was a nice experience, pretty crazy because I was born in Florida, but never knew it because I was brought over to Texas as a baby, and raised here.

Here is what I found out about the 280zx.

Injectors are all corroded. I was checking resistance in all of them and I was getting OL.

Which is incorrect because well, the car starts and all, but im guessing since there is so much corrosion on the tabs its not reading. 

All the connectors look like this.

2013-07-30122653_zps260dc653.jpg

And all the injectors look like this.

2013-07-30124324_zps2d9d7c62.jpg

2013-07-30124238_zps2a117dcc.jpg

2013-07-30124155_zps8c5dead9.jpg

2013-07-30122811_zps5a5e5219.jpg

2013-07-30124530_zpse450f0ec.jpg

That dirty ass engine bay.

2013-07-30123952_zps3c0f9b3c.jpg

So I will be sourcing and wtb some injectors with connectors so replace theses corroded up ones.

So I bet this will clear up the car at higher RPM's so it doesnt sound like it is misfiring.

as for the connectors, you can score those new on ebay for the cheap or clean up your own with a small brass wire brush on a stick like out of a rifle cleaning kit

Thats what I might do, but if i can find some cheapo good ones, I might just go with that.

i got some injectors somewhere around here if you want them... let me know whats in your budget and ill try to dig up all six out of my many parts bins.

How much can you sell me each for? And do they all work properly?

Good on you for checking those man !

Most that corrosion looks fairly standard , so no sweat !

Yes sir... it's hard to get a reading off those sometimes , and you wonder how the car ever stays running ;) ( at leat I did on mine lol )

The cheapy EBAY Bosch EV-1 (anything really) connectors work just fine (I've used a couple sets and those cars are running GREAT still since I saw them last ) ... I'd use some extra protection , BUT if you can afford it get some nicer connectors with the push-release and nice plush rubber boots.

If you haven't had the pleasure ---> http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13393-upgradingreplacing-your-injector-connectors/

EDIT: Also another thing to look for is .. sometimes the fuel injector holders break when pulling out or installing (can't see cracks.. not entirely sure why they do , but they do occasionally) Just something to look for , but not worry about much.

I'm really trying to push myself, to work on this thing more, to get it running right. 

Ahh okay, good to know, when I saw them I was like holy fuck that cant be normal, one had like a pool of corrosion on the corner gathered up lol.

Oh yes, first thing I checked out. And its funny how the same connectors fit an audi, but on ebay they cost more then the one's for the 280zx, even tho they are the push style clip, with the hefty boot. But I'd like to get some of the nicer ones.

Are you talking about the section with the two screws that hole in the injector, looks kinda like a rubber part?

good news and bad news, 5 bucks a piece is fine, but I can only find 5 injectors...? sorry lol i got crap scattered all over my house and an injector is so tiny it could be hidden anywhere or accidentally got dumped in a rampage cleaning frenzy!

If datsunfreak gives me a good deal, on the nos NOS injectors, I could buy one from you? If you dont mind that is.

I think I have 5 NOS ones if you want them? 

How much for the five?

If datsunfreak gives me a good deal, on the nos NOS injectors, I could buy one from you? If you dont mind that is.

How much for the five?

Whatever gas it costs you to come over here and get them.  :rofl:

In fact, I have a cubic shitload of Z parts you can have for free if you want them. We're about to move and I have no desire to move them. 

Whatever gas it costs you to come over here and get them.  :rofl:

In fact, I have a cubic shitload of Z parts you can have for free if you want them. We're about to move and I have no desire to move them. 

Awesome, you have no idea how happy that makes me. The Ratsun gods are watching over me on this one. 

Are you free tomorrow?

Awesome, you have no idea how happy that makes me. The Ratsun gods are watching over me on this one. 

Are you free tomorrow?

Nope.  :blush:

It'll have to be next Saturday or the Saturday after. They are at the shop and I am not. Gotta move my house this weekend, but will be down at the shop the next few Saturdays after that packing it up to move it across town as well. If you can wait until then, shoot me a PM and we'll sort it out.  :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Update 9/24/13

Okay, so I still need the injectors. But I ran into an issue, when I removed the injector connectors, I forgot to connect them, and so now idk which wires go to which injector, does anyone know the color combination, they go in, because I noticed each wire has a different tracer on it. If somone could be kind enough, and take the time to check theirs and tell me the order so I can match mine up, and finally replace them. Thanks.

I also removed the cruise control, im pretty sure It didnt work, but if it did oh well. Im thinking about doing a small wire tuck, just to hide all the visible wires, and keep it minimal.