ok guys looking for advice

ok guys i have a decition to make i need to figure out which to put on the road my 610 or the chevy the datto im looking at about $400-$500 to put back on the road the truck im only looking at around $250 $300 but requires alot more actual work to make it drivable and the datto would be better on gas im leaning tward the truck because it will be cheaper and if i wreak it all i got to do is open a catalog for new parts

so if you guys were in my place which would you do?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a difference of what?, $200?

Look at it this way, you get the chevy going and about 3 tanks of gas later anything saved is used up. The 610 gets twice the mileage?

OK so I'm biased.:D

awell the truck is only a 235 six cylender with a one bbl carb gas milage might be about the same maybe still a little lower the the 610 see my ordeal comes to this i need somthing to drive now and i only get $600 a month

Another thought..................

Which one can You park just anywhere and not worry about theft, door dings, etc? In other words, the more "lower profile" vehicle. And then there's this........... Which one is the "funnest" to drive? Life is just an experience, which vehicle will be funner to drive? We all like to cruise around and get "the looks" IE: thumbs up, finger pointing, etc. I admit I do. So at the end of the day which vehicle gives You more pleasure or a more positive experience. That's why We do what We do anyway. If money (gas milage, etc.) is not an object then put the vehicle on the road that will give You the best memories down the road. One last thing, registration and insurance $$$$$$.

i know the datto is fun but i have had the truck for almost 2 years and have been working hard on it and havent been able to drive it yet

dont feel bad. i have had a car for 3 years or so now and driven it 3 times in that span. i have another one that i have driven for about 6 months out of the 12 years of ownership. but i would do whichever is better in your eyes. the truck, although fun and nice, really is impractical unless your hauling stuff. even with the 6 cyl. then again the datto, although better on gas and prolly more fun to drive, cant haul anything real big. so what i would do is get the truck going, as its cheaper to get on the road, and start stashing some $$ aside for the datto. as soon as the datto is fixed park the truck untill its needed.