510 16" wheels offset?

Hi everyone,

i would like to use 16x7 wheels on my car and have the wheels fit flush, just on the insde wheel arch lip. Any suggestions on the offset and back spacing I should use? I'm using stock 510 suspension.

I plan on using something close to these wheels: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROTA-RB-WHEELS-16X7-RBR-16X8-4X114-3-22-0-RS-DATSUN-510-SKYLINE-/300836838564?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460b45dca4 - these are too expensive for me B)

Thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How are those on full compression?  No issues of the front wheel hitting the fender?  Rear will tuck of course, front not so much.  Doesn't look like you're running much camber up front are you?

How are those on full compression?  No issues of the front wheel hitting the fender?  Rear will tuck of course, front not so much.  Doesn't look like you're running much camber up front are you?

..not much, but still experimenting, and if need be, I'll have to change my mind on wheel sizes. At the end of the day, I want to keep my car as stock as possible, much like it is right now, except for wheels of course.

Just out of curiosity, what size rims and tires would you suggest??

I was mostly just teasing John... he and I are usually on the same page for rims and such. But to answer your question, Im not a 16in guy. I prefer the look and fit of 14/15in wheels. I also like really low cars, but its not a requirement (which is why I like the smaller diameter wheels). Also, what are you trying to run for wheels if you say youre too cheap for Rotas? Rotas make the cheapest knockoffs around. 

I was mostly just teasing John... he and I are usually on the same page for rims and such. But to answer your question, Im not a 16in guy. I prefer the look and fit of 14/15in wheels. I also like really low cars, but its not a requirement (which is why I like the smaller diameter wheels). Also, what are you trying to run for wheels if you say youre too cheap for Rotas? Rotas make the cheapest knockoffs around. 

Thanks for setting me straight about you and John :rofl:

Probably some XXR's, even though I might hate myself afterwards.LOL

Personally, I would rock something cheap and simple that you can pick up until you can save for the desired set. Grab some mini-lites, 280zx 6-spokes, etc, for a couple hundred and rock those. They are cheap, come in sizes that fit 510s perfect, and are respectable rims. You say that youre going to keep the car mostly stock except for a nice set of rims. If thats your only mod, would you want a set of wheels you can be proud of?- something you really like?

You already mention that you might hate yourself for purchasing XXRs... then why do it? My .02

Personally, I would rock something cheap and simple that you can pick up until you can save for the desired set. Grab some mini-lites, 280zx 6-spokes, etc, for a couple hundred and rock those. They are cheap, come in sizes that fit 510s perfect, and are respectable rims. You say that youre going to keep the car mostly stock except for a nice set of rims. If thats your only mod, would you want a set of wheels you can be proud of?- something you really like?

You already mention that you might hate yourself for purchasing XXRs... then why do it? My .02

Thanks for thoughts and I'll definitely consider that when making my decision.

Get the Rotas RBs. Cheap and look good.

I got 15x7 +25mm I think they are.

The 16 are +22 or 24mm I think.

I dont know if they still avail anyways.

Troy at 510 outlet would know more on the fitting maybe. His buddys girlfrind has ROTA 16s on her car.

stock 510 struts and lowered good

Thanks for the info.