2001 Celica GTS seats...

PineClone

...Found a celica gts on CL being parted out. Only 57k miles with mint condition leather seats. The front seats of my '78 2-door sedan are in decent condition, but the guts are worn out (springs, foam). Vinyl on drivers side is deteriorating. Anyway, I'd like to replace the front seats.

Any pointers on how to best figure out if these will fit and if installation will be somewhat straightforward? 

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Step one: Pay the seller$$$

Step two: Begin scratching head on how to fit these into car to get home? (watch your headliner)

Step three: Question whether this amount of work is really worth it?

Step four: Remove one of your sad tired old seats

Step five: Determine if your old slider will bolt up

Step six: See step three

Step seven: Buy some angle iron if the said sliders dont line up

Step eight: Begin to drill holes

Step nine: line up and bolt to angle iron or preexisting location

Step ten: Laugh with a devilish grin as you sit for the first time in your old ass car with some real seats

Step eleven:Start all over again!

Good luck, I have done it at least 4 or 5 times. It can sometimes go real easy, and sometimes be a real bitch. But it can almost always be done, so if you like the seats and the price is right, then grab them and get started. If this is your daily then I suggest you do the passenger side first as it may take a few tries and trips to the store for material, beer, and whatever else? Pay attention to putting the right seat in the right side, It sucks to have to pull it out and move it to the opposite side. (Recline lever,back seat lever,etc...) Thanks zilla for the photo

5085.jpg

Good stuff! Luckily my Datsun is my summer driver / hobby car / money pit. I can toss the seats in my pickup and drive back and forth to town at 14 mpg to get the parts. This will take days or weeks as i use most of that time for head-scratching.

This guy says he wants $300. I'm gonna keep looking until he comes down in price. I don't see many people lining up for them in this small town.

Thanks!

Hey Muscleman,  from the pictures you posted awhile back it doesn`t look like you need new seats..Are you just trying to up date??  

(( Tiny thread jack )) are you on the western side WA??

The seats look good. But the driver's side vinyl is ripped up on the seat portion. The back looks fine but the guts are falling out of the back. There is a large something-or-other bulging out of the back of the backrest. Could be a huge gold bar, or a human body part...who knows? Put a little pressure on the backrest and it collapses. Long story short, the driver's seat sucks.

No! Thankfully i'm on the dry side of the mountains. Wenatchee. 

The seats look good. But the driver's side vinyl is ripped up on the seat portion. The back looks fine but the guts are falling out of the back. There is a large something-or-other bulging out of the back of the backrest. Could be a huge gold bar, or a human body part...who knows? Put a little pressure on the backrest and it collapses. Long story short, the driver's seat sucks.

No! Thankfully i'm on the dry side of the mountains. Wenatchee. 

Please see this thread.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25435-b210-seat-replacements/

$300 is way too much for seats. A single seat should be less than $50 from a decent yard, and I've pulled great seats from the junkyard. Toyota MK1 MR2 seats are very comfortable.