L20B with u67 head

kujocku

Hello Everyone, This is my first post. I have a 77 620 with properly rebuilt L20b. It is balanced, new pistons, full machining on block and head. I have a u67 head that he ported and he put in a mild street cam and I run a weber 32-36 with a stock manifold. My question is would it be worth my while to go to a sss head or a87. Or should I take option of welding up the combustion chamber into the peanut style. What sort HP gains could I expect, is it worth it? Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun  B)

The U67 head already has the big valves, and HP gain from making it into a closed chamber head for street use is a waste of money, it might make a small differance on the strip.

The A87 head came in closed and open, with big valves and smaller valves, so you would need to find the correct head, but that would be the way I went if it was that important to me, or if I could find a 219 head at a reasonable price, then I would buy that.

If your daily driving it, I think if I were you, I would stick with what you have now, it will likely run decent, and if your looking for more power, build yourself a hybrid block like an LZ23, there is no substitute for displacement.

A lot of things are involved here, like what pistons you have, a closed head might mess things up.

• Like 1