GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's my '71. Got my wheels and tires on there the other day (SSR Star Formula/Falken Azenis RT615)

I do need some real suspension though...in due time. Car is mostly stock with the ol' L16. Have a SU setup waiting to go in. Brought the wheels and fender mirrors back from Japan last month!

4226197933_ca16ed2b69.jpg

Jun

that is one nice wagon. looks clean. nice elbow grease on the wheels. sort of looks like my wagon in a way. do you go to japan a lot? what place in japan did you get the wheels? I am here now and lurkin around

Jun

that is one nice wagon. looks clean. nice elbow grease on the wheels. sort of looks like my wagon in a way. do you go to japan a lot? what place in japan did you get the wheels? I am here now and lurkin around

Thanks Benzo. The wheels were hard work, and to be compared to your wagon is a compliment! I do go to Japan often. I actually got the wheels through Yahoo Japan auctions, and had them shipped to a friend in Tokyo who handled the transaction for me. However you can find 2nd hand wheels in many places; Autobacs 2nd hand goods and Up Garage are 2 places that have used wheels. Where in Japan are you?

@IMTB: that is really nice! I think that's the original color of what my wagon used to be- if that's the factory color, could you tell me which one it is? I'm debating a repaint and I might make it the original color, it would save me from having to paint the interior on my wagon (paint is in really good condition inside).

Now I see why you had extra wagon parts!

Thanks Benzo. The wheels were hard work, and to be compared to your wagon is a compliment! I do go to Japan often. I actually got the wheels through Yahoo Japan auctions, and had them shipped to a friend in Tokyo who handled the transaction for me. However you can find 2nd hand wheels in many places; Autobacs 2nd hand goods and Up Garage are 2 places that have used wheels. Where in Japan are you?

thanks for the compliment. still work in progress but hard for me to keep a car down long as I like to drive it more than work on it. I just got back and usually stay in Chiba at my friends. I did go see rich (goichi) and a fellow friend of his sugata with a super dope 510 resto rod and Masato at refresh 60. you can see pics on my flickr at benzo510 or myspace at garagelife. I did go to the tokyo auto salon and had a good time. picked up some small goods. I do want to go to up garage and autobacs and south-yokohama and star road to find stuff. I may get another 510 orZ car to start autoxing again. the work you did is good on the wheels. it paid off

for imtb your wagon is nice and work space is clean. good luck on your work. I hope to work on my garage area to make it a nice work and lounge space. that is work in progress.

Benzo,

Refresh 60 is the dream garage for 510 fans...Masato-san was super cool and had just about everything. The fender mirrors on my wagon are the ones that came off the red 2 door from his shop. This wagon was out there being worked on as well.

4145917773_8e08b7bebe.jpg

4145918237_aee92b57bd.jpg

next time I go, hopefully I won't have to bring wheels back home, that was a pain. The price justified the trouble though. I'd like to time my next trip so I can visit the New Year's Meet. I did auto salon a few times, that is also a mind blower! I can never come back from Japan empty handed. It's always RC cars, keirin bike parts, and car parts. Wife was not pleased having a 14" SSR wheel in her suitcase!

Benzo,

Refresh 60 is the dream garage for 510 fans...Masato-san was super cool and had just about everything. The fender mirrors on my wagon are the ones that came off the red 2 door from his shop. This wagon was out there being worked on as well.

4145917773_8e08b7bebe.jpg

4145918237_aee92b57bd.jpg

next time I go, hopefully I won't have to bring wheels back home, that was a pain. The price justified the trouble though. I'd like to time my next trip so I can visit the New Year's Meet. I did auto salon a few times, that is also a mind blower! I can never come back from Japan empty handed. It's always RC cars, keirin bike parts, and car parts. Wife was not pleased having a 14" SSR wheel in her suitcase!

Jun

Yeah Masato is cool. He is getting to know me better. I always go to see him even if I don't buy anything. sometimes hard to buy stuff as not all items fit for US cars and also do not want to carry so much back and prices are not always cheap. If I can bring back wheels I would as I am looking for more. I have a slight fascination for wheels. I am like you can't come back empty handed. I have been into bikes but did not look for much. i was trying to get some NJS bars for my friend but you can get that stuff here. My wife was with me at refresh 60 and understands more about what I do with cars and the fascination with them. she wanted masato's sedan in front. haha. that pic you posted was cool as wagons/vans are rare in japan. nice to see that. do you live in so cal?I have been wanting to make the JCCS as i can never break off to do so.