GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Twiggz, is that the one in Santa Cruz? Looks good so far man, post up more pics when you can..oh and welcome to the goon side of things. :P

Yep, he was asking too much though. Still think I could have got it lower. This is to replace my last goon.

AfterPolish.jpg

Some dude ran a red and killed her :mad:

ouch-1.jpg

Oh man I almost shed a tear there. Well at least you got a replacement for your old nice goon. Where in the bay are you? You should come out to our Santa Clara monthly meets (if you haven't already).

Yea I was very heartbroken. I just got my rebuild VG30 installed three months before, and got these wheels put on just 12hrs before the crash

1260154371.jpg

I'm near Oakland, but work in Milpitas. One of these days Ill make it to a meet.

EDIT: oh and Ill be taking lots of pics. Ill keep you guys updated :)

Edited by Twiggz
Some dude ran a red and killed her :mad:

Man, that SUCKS SO BAD! I hate seeing that. It seems every time I drive mine I mutter under my breath 'please don't hit me' or 'see the little green car'. People are so distracted now a days. Good luck on your replacement. You've got a great attitude about this but it still sucks.

here's the pics of the ratsun speed demon goon lol

she ain't pretty but she is fast as living (insert expletive)

loses traction in every gear (can spin in 5th on the highway :blink: ) lol

just stay at 1/2 throttle or below and you can be alright :lol:

she just had a new 3" downpipe put on and 3" all the way back to an 18" resonator yesterday

lowering her soon (maybe today) and want to put some 15x7 / 15x8 black diamond racing wheels on.

heavier, and with wider tires on the back

eugfmu.jpg

2z5vgaw.jpg

Edited by LeX
What kind of turbo is that^^?

it's a forced performance 20g

http://www.forcedperformance.com

I think a 510 with an SR is just fine with a T25/T28 I just wanted to step it up a bit lol... it's unnecessary power really.

I always loved your wagon, mine is like its ugly cousin haha

Edited by LeX
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my '71. Got my wheels and tires on there the other day (SSR Star Formula/Falken Azenis RT615)

I do need some real suspension though...in due time. Car is mostly stock with the ol' L16. Have a SU setup waiting to go in. Brought the wheels and fender mirrors back from Japan last month!

4226197933_ca16ed2b69.jpg

that's a nice lookin car!

Here's my '71. Got my wheels and tires on there the other day (SSR Star Formula/Falken Azenis RT615)

I do need some real suspension though...in due time. Car is mostly stock with the ol' L16. Have a SU setup waiting to go in. Brought the wheels and fender mirrors back from Japan last month!

Thanks guys. I really do love this wagon- I never intended it as my daily driver (have a Nissan Titan for that) but honestly the Titan is parked all the time now, only use it to haul stuff for my house projects.

The green is ok, it's an Earl Sheib paintjob and I'm just not into the single stage paint. The PO painted over what seems like a decent factory green paintjob with it. It does have its fair share of dings and bad bodywork so I am already grinding off much of the paint and pounding the metal back into shape. I will be repainting the car soon, just deciding on color! Plans are to keep it relatively simple, L16 is fine, would like just a bit more power (with the dual SU's and exhaust)and a 5-speed. About to replace the bushings, tierods and bearings shortly then I can dive into a good suspension setup.

Restoring the wheels was a chore. I brought them back from Japan where they'd seen salty roads for who knows how long. They've been repainted a few times too many and the anodized lips were looking pretty beat. I removed all the coatings, polished the lips, and repainted the centers a green-gray (finished wheel on the upper left). I replaced all hardware too- shame as the original bolts said "Speed Star" in Japanese but have reached the end of their life.

4207709398_710f279c05.jpg

man i would repaint it that factory green color.. one thing i noticed alot of people like the fact my car is a OG color that 510s came...

but yeah your ride height is nice in the rear get some 280zx struts and coilovers in the front and youll be set!!!