GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My goon needs paint and body, but it blew up the SR so that's coming first !

(no I wasn't being an idiot, cyl 3 had low compression before i stuck a big turbo on it so i was asking for trouble lol)

minybs.jpg

Lex- don't worry about the paint and body. The latest trend seems to be to get your stance and power dialed in and leave the history on your body. Part of the charm right? I think your goon looks great.

that's what i'm doing because of lack of money haha.

I need a front swaybar and i'm putting a spacer on the rear and dropping it another inch. Then leave it looking as is for now

it feels much better blowing a motor that you know should have blown >1000 miles earlier :mellow:

mine looks like ... :blink:

that history will be buried deep!

yeah the motor was very iffy hehe

my friend has one, not installed yet...

whats the issue?

just not too sure how/where to install it...like where does it clamp to? If you have pics...please show how to.

Does your friend have one that looks like mine? (I posted a few posts ago)

ーゴキ

his is an Addco, should still have the NEW instructions :lol:

cant see the (blocked) pix at work.

yah, mine didn't come with instructions...not even sure if its ADDCO one...don't know what they look like.

:confused: :crying:

ーゴキ

Anyone have any experience installing a rear sway bar on the GOON?

I have a addco bar on my wagon and if you want to see pics you can see them on my flickr page under benzo510 or myspace under garagelife. I may have some pics on my profile on here. the bar and d brackets mount the axle and the end links mount to the body. you will have to drill some holes on the chassis to mount the hardware. was not hard but took time as I had to align everything before I tightened down and also as I did by myself. if you have a friend to just help hold stuff it makes it easier. the bar does work and you will notice less body roll even with stock leaf springs. wagons can certainly use a pan hard bar though

I have SR swap.. so I grabbed a maxima front sway bar from an 84 at the yard (L28 front sump motor) so im gonna see if I can rig it up somehow haha... otherwise just spend the $250 to buy one :\

LeX: are you looking for larger than stock?

i have a stock and i often see 24mm (15/16"?) at swapmeets

New to the forum and the 510 world. Just picked up a 72 wagon. posted picks in the main page but it was suggested to check in over here. Basically the car is stock except for the 5 spd. I am not sure what direction I am going to go at the moment. I know I would like it lowered and was thinking about swapping the carb setup to something I am more familiar with. Perhaps SUs like my Z. I have been reading the forums and archives to get ideas. Good advice is welcome.

Photo Gallery

bPPGo.jpg

New to the forum and the 510 world. Just picked up a 72 wagon. posted picks in the main page but it was suggested to check in over here. Basically the car is stock except for the 5 spd. I am not sure what direction I am going to go at the moment. I know I would like it lowered and was thinking about swapping the carb setup to something I am more familiar with. Perhaps SUs like my Z. I have been reading the forums and archives to get ideas. Good advice is welcome.

Photo Gallery

bPPGo.jpg

Nice Z and nice goon!