• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been looking for these top hats for a while. Then remembered I had a bunch of parts I had put somewhere. When to the next room over by the scaffolding and wala. Now to figure out how all of the front coil overs go together with the strut and camber plates. I believe I can remember most of it. I had bought it all way back trying to do it on the cheap. I also have the old school setup I originally intended to use on the Goon but I have the 300z rims on her so they don't go to waste. So I figured I'll have to go with the newer style coil overs cause of the rims and tires on the Goon. I'll just have to figure what I'll need when the 2 door Sedan gets ready in the future at that time. Also used an old decal sticker I wasn't sure would work but it looks like it did. All in all I plan to lower the Goon soon.

Compress_20240726_112420_0776.jpg

Compress_20240726_112420_0580.jpg

Compress_20240726_112421_1285.jpg

Compress_20240726_112420_0992.jpg

Compress_20240726_112420_0046.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1

I believe I got this correct, I was going to use the old school coil over setup on the Goon but to keep the 300z rims on her I believe it would be better to use this setup I cobbled together a good ways back . I put a washer that fit the top hat surface and the inner hole that fit on the shock to get the top hat down a bit more. I just mocking this up, I believe it looks correct. The springs are Eibach with a number 129950 printed on them, not sure but I figured they would work back when I got them. The struts are stock shortened struts.

Compress_20240731_132112_2315.jpg

Compress_20240731_132112_2639.jpg

Compress_20240731_132112_2954.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1

Been nice weather lately so I went to my friends body shop about straighten the rear driver's side to  get it all to line up and so the rear driver's side door will open and close correctly. So I'll call him next Wednesday and he'll let me know what morning is good to bring it over to check it out. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend said the framework is straight but the bend is in the outer side sheet metal is bent. So I'm sure it would be a bit to fix, for now I'll leave her until I can see a friend in New Orleans who might be able to help out on that. I'm sure the wheel well is bent good and that may be a bit to get straight.

• 4 weeks later...