'77 710 wagon..65k org. mi. N.Cal SOLD$ immaculate!

(just posted this on JNC...but only because I couldnt log in to ratsun until now!!)

this wagon is rust free & has a lot of potential. (I would not have invested the time and money into it, otherwise!)

Auto trans, A/C, L18, brown interior.

minor body damage to front fender, driver door, grill and hood edge (see pics in album) motivated me to meticulously strip/metalwork and repaint 75% of the body. plug-welded door mirror mounting holes and installed JDM fender mirrors (earlier style, chrome) I also have a new/used perfect grill with good stainless trim, as well.

the paintwork is top notch, and would have cost 3-5k$ at any reputable shop. the roof, hatch, and one quarter are original paint. there is no overspray or poorly masked trim, seals, or jambs. in person, the car is very close to perfect. car starts and runs but original Carb is crap. I can swap a Weber 32/36 on it and it'll run like a dream. (at an extra cost, as I would need to buy said carb and adapter)  Engine compartment has yet to be detailed....my plan was to EFI (KA/SR) swap, and again, repaint if necessary.

car has CLEAN california title and will need to be smogged (we can negotiate/make that happen...with or without the weber)

.I still have both the front and rear bumpers, ..but as some on the forum know, I built a custom steel frame/fiberglass shell rear bumper for the car. it fits quite nicely...& is the only one in existence.

between the original purchase price, paint materials, and labor $ paid to my painter (not including any of my labor) I'm in about 3,500$.

I also have a set of 15" epsilon mesh with a bunch of different offset lips (enough for six wheels 7" 8" & 9" widths)..originally paid 1,300$ for..might be willing to work a package deal...also some Nardi wheels and a 710 adapter..blah blah blah

http://s281.beta.photobucket.com/user/hillbillyhector/library/datsun%20710

IMG_6502_zpscb321e3e.jpg

IMG_6348_zps49bd48c8.jpg

I have little time (hence selling off personal projects) so please, serious inquiries only. text or call 707-321820nine

-Forrest

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I built a custom steel frame/fiberglass shell rear bumper for the car. it fits quite nicely...& is the only one in existence.

Buddy how mucht o make another one lol. Really interested. 

And adam does it seem weird to see me already posting on 710 stuff lol.

Nice rear bumper what is it from?  Looks fricken sweet, love the paint!

HOLY SHIT......  build thread?

GLWS

I built a custom steel frame/fiberglass shell rear bumper for the car. it fits quite nicely...& is the only one in existence.

Buddy how mucht o make another one lol. Really interested. 

Home made bumper I believe. Shaved down styrofoam and fiberglass wasn't it??? Lovely and looks stock.

Hector you do very nice work.. :wub:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25059-hectors-710-wagon/

thanks for answering everyones questions about the build, and rear bumper  bananahamuck !

so yea, I did an abbreviated write-up with a few photos...at this point quite a while back...I've been working full time at the Porsche shop nowadays...& am building my shop out to accomodate more tools and a full scale professional powder coating facility...so the projects must go.... bummer, I really love this car...it's suspension and the right wheels away from being a show-stopper! (okay...and a few hundred more horsepower) 

No cus jessi already knows what color she wants the 411 :P 

Hey if someones willing to pay, are you willing to make another rear bumper? Tried sending you a pm, but says you cant get them. 

X2!

Hector you do very nice work.. :wub:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25059-hectors-710-wagon/

thanx for the link! 

...thanks for the input/bumps guys...and on the subject of building duplicate bumpers:

1: put the sale of the car on hold to make molds...or arrange with prospective buyer to allow for this delay

2: need to do a realistic projection of cost, depending on volume (this is difficult, because while making the original, it was a "labor of love" personal project)

4: determine if this all could be done within the average Ratsun 710 owners budget (now negate the first two lines!) 

...I just really wish there were more hours in the day...these things'd be flyin outta my ass

wow this thing made "bring a trailer" I've been told! ... and as expected... a few prospective buyers are claiming deposits are ready for transfer .

....yea, I do regret the sale. (got more than the 3.500$ in random 510 parts to sell, let alone a couple motorcycles/ other vintage jap tin...all slated for the craigslist machine)

..became disenchanted a while ago (starting the new porsche shop)...then kinda hated the thing since...but just cleaning the dust off and looking at it...damn I hope the new owner doesnt do some rookie bullshit to it!

• 2 weeks later...