I designed a new Nissan SSS. What do you think?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate all the comments, and I see value in all the feedback. The Ratsun members have a tendency to be purest Datsun loyalist as myself. I will try to take the Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, out of it, I will also try to make it less busy and see what the Ratsun community thinks about the refinements.

Thank You.

Mike Enayah

Maybe if you refer to it as the new 240/Silvia people will judge less harshly. Like you said, we're really attached to the old styling.

I like the idea of designing the next Z/SX/510/620 what ever. Its cool to see how people carry over aspects of the original yet update it for a modern day buyer. For a neo 510, I like the cube headlights.

What? - I remember seeing a 2 door 510 on the Datsun dealers lot,

with an "SSS" badge on it,in the early '70's.

And what's with the "cow catcher" front end?

- Doug

yes, certainly a US dealer could have ordered SSS badges and fitted them to a new car. It's happened before.

in Japan there were 4-door SSS and 2-door SSS. All of which were very much like a sedan. What they call a 510 Coupe in Japan would be called a sedan almost anywhere else in the world. The 510 Coupe and 510 2-dr sedan are slightly different, but the coupe is not a fastback and the rear seat area is just as big so meeting one technical definition of sedan. It has slightly more sloped rear window and c-pillars basically. Nevertheless, Datsun officially called it a Coupe.