l24 efi sluggish ecceleration or normal?

nismosilvia

910 Maxima had an L-28 ... the LD28. The only other 910 option for North America was the L24E.

910 810s are the same car, just different trim. How much heavier could they be? 200 pounds?

810 810s (1977-1979) came with L24E as the only option

Z-cars never had an L24E

280ZX had L28E

240Z had an L24 carbureted

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was checking my spark plug wires today, after hearing some engine knock on startup, and I did find the middle wire in on of them came loose. It was an msd kit type so I redid the end. Anyways I went ahead and checked all the wires with engine running, I pulled the caps off at the spark plug. The only wire that seemed off to me was the 6th, when it was pulled I could hear arching in the distributor. The others didn't make this noise so I'm sure its not right. What do you guys think?

Seems to run good. But has a faint knock though, I can hear it on the non intake side of the motor, its like a constand whirling sound. I'm not sure when the last valve adjustment was so ill look into that. The car will start up on first crank every time and run no problem though, I have 0 old car experience so every little tick has me questioning my car and my abilities to work on cars lol

The maxima is a lot of car for a l24e, I wouldnt expect it to be peppy even new. Similar motor but not the exact same as the z. 

Drop a l28 in there when you change the trans lol. Take the mn47 head you have on the l24 and put it on a f54 l28 and you end up with a high comp motor with decent quench and flow. Ditch that Bosch bullshit for su's and toss a cam in and you'll be golden. 

careful, using the maxima head on a flat top l28 pistons makes 11:1 compression. Dished piston l28s will make mid 9. For pump gas, maxima n47 on a n42 bottom end or turbo bottom end.

I run 11:1 currently on pump with no probs, even in extreme heat. Thats with a e88 head too, the mn47 has better quench and should actually resist detonation more. Def say goodbye to cheap gas though thats for sure. Quality high test is all I can run now...