WTB: L20b clutch fan for 78' Datsun

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he needs the fan itself, the white plastic thing with the blades not the water pump itself.

Problem is, there are 2 different fans, and which one is needed depends on what size fan clutch got used. There are 2 sizes of those with different bolt patterns. One was for trucks with A/C and the other for ones without.

Just a note, you guys are all awesome.

Generally the 620s had small and the Z series motors got the larger.

motorclutchfansLarge.jpg

Yeah, I've got the assembly on the right, and yes it's the blades I'm looking for, the clutch and everything else is fine. The blades warped and ended up going through the radiator, before I got the truck. I live in Ely Nevada, so I mean. Napa here.. I doubt they'll have what I'm looking for. Really small town.
I'm PMing several of you now.

just so we all know, what is the measurement across. I've got the one on the left, just like what Mike & Abe posted. And your saying you need the right, that's for a Z.  

Hmmmmm I'll check today but I don't remember collecting any Z stuff .

The fan clutch isn't individually replaceable on a 620- it's integral to the water pump.

Z-car fans are even bigger.  Plus they have 8 blades.  Z-car ctutches bolt to the water pump.  Eagle_Adam's pic is a z-car fan.

The pic with 2 fans- neither is a Z-car fan.  The one on the left is a standard no-A/C fan, and the one on the left is for vehicles with A/C.  But things get switched around, to confuse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.