New guy here from the bay area

I stumbled here looking for a 620 pick up. I grew up with datsuns/nissans. My dad has had a 69/74/78/86/94 and currently a 05 nismo frontier. I have always loved the 620 body style. I am currently looking at one in the next couple of days so I need some help here. Its a 74 standard cab. Motor was just rebuilt and is currently owned by a shop who knows nothing about it. What am i looking for to insure im not buying a lemon or a basket case. I know the obvious in regards to leaks, body damage and working lights. Thanks for any help.

Manny

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome:D! The fact that it has a rebuilt is a plus:) And the fact that the owner knows nothing about the truck Isn't:confused:!

I would say if it starts/runs and the owner has paperwork on it...I might buy it for a good price:) Pictures would help! But look for Bondo under fenders etc......!!!!! How much is he asking for the truck??? How long has he owned the truck???

body is straight. its a four speed. I saw it sitting there for the last year at a smog shop. I called him last night and he said come look at it. It has a shell which i will be giving away. My intentions is to have a lowered clean truck i can save gas on. I run a tire/suspension shop and I could use the extra truck to deliver/pick up tires. I was thinking of an s10 but i want to drive in style.

Welcome. With the way the "MAN" (smog) in Cali is acting you cant go wrong with kicking him out of at least one of your vehicles. What part of the Yah Area?

Welcome neighbor

Watch out for DMV fees if it doesn't have current tags.

Do a compression test, very easy on these trucks.

Have a tester if you need to borrow one.

X2.....your not the 620 at the brookvale Lucky's are you?

WOW. Wierd day today. So I have got more information on this rig. Its a 78 with 135k miles on the chassis. Its not a 4 speed its an auto. A customer had this one shop install a motor in it and never came back. The shop just wants what the motor/parts cost and not the labor. It started right up and idled very smooth. Can someone host some pics for me?

WOW. Wierd day today. So I have got more information on this rig. Its a 78 with 135k miles on the chassis. Its not a 4 speed its an auto. A customer had this one shop install a motor in it and never came back. The shop just wants what the motor/parts cost and not the labor. It started right up and idled very smooth. Can someone host some pics for me?

Very nice pick up...but its a '78...SMOG:mad: :mad: but for the right price it would be a good little shop truck