jastrunk97

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was wondering if anyone can help me out, when i push in the clutch it sounds like a dry bearing. Probably the TO bearing but I was told that was a sealed bearing and did not needed to be greased? any thoughts. 

Is it on facing the correct direction??? That would be the rounded face towards the motor.

Just about lost 5th gear today...Grinds and pops out if i released the clutch anywhere near quickly...have to let it out very slow...:/

Early 5 speeds have a large nut on the output shaft that basically holds 5th and reverse on. They have a tendency to work loose and 5th becomes erratic and often goes away. Nissan re designed the nut so it could be stated when in position. You could re tighten the nut and tack with some weld. Not saying this is it just possible. The seller probably knew there was a problem. Easy enough fix when the trans is out.

Do you know the kind of wheels that are on the truck to the left? And good luck with your tranny issues. I will be undergoing a auto->manual swap myself before too long.

They are hurricanes/turbines but don't know the make and they are nice but I need to clean them.

Is it on facing the correct direction??? That would be the rounded face towards the motor.

Early 5 speeds have a large nut on the output shaft that basically holds 5th and reverse on. They have a tendency to work loose and 5th becomes erratic and often goes away. Nissan re designed the nut so it could be stated when in position. You could re tighten the nut and tack with some weld. Not saying this is it just possible. The seller probably knew there was a problem. Easy enough fix when the trans is out.

Slick sold me the tranny and I trust him to not rip me off. and as far as the output shaft I would need to tear apart the tranny dont I? Really hesitant to take it out again....Was a pain last time. The throw-out bearing is facing the right way. Il double check though. 

Time and patience.

I'd probably get some cheap pinstripe tape or the thinnest blue table and tape all the "spokes" off then tape everything else. Get a good quality rattle can spray paint and do a lot of thin coats from kinda far away. It's tough to get in there with direct spray unless you don't mind drips.