w53 head

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still looking for a W53 head or i will take a U67 or an A87 head. i was offered a W58 head but i passed on it, need something with open chambers to allow more breathing for my L18

still looking for a W53 head or i will take a U67 or an A87 head. i was offered a W58 head but i passed on it, need something with open chambers to allow more breathing for my L18

You do know the W53 is a closed chamber head, except on rare occasions, it has the small valves, and small intake ports, all U67s are open chamber with big valves, and the A87 comes with either small or big valves, and open or closed chamber.

hobbes: i have no idea what a peanut head is or a kidney head, i want to be able to have no issues with my L18 motor. i want something that will work well with my weber 32/36 carb and my canon intake. doc510 fron desert datsuns group here in phoenix says i should stay with a w53 head or go with a u67 or an a87 head. i am at a lose when it comes to better performance and reliabilty from the datsun motors

hobbes: i have no idea what a peanut head is or a kidney head, i want to be able to have no issues with my L18 motor. i want something that will work well with my weber 32/36 carb and my canon intake. doc510 fron desert datsuns group here in phoenix says i should stay with a w53 head or go with a u67 or an a87 head. i am at a lose when it comes to better performance and reliabilty from the datsun motors

This is confusing to me, that someone would say to use all them differant heads in the same sentence, here is a link to discribe the differance between heads.

http://www.olddatsun...h/head_ID_2.htm

I don't know much about L18s, so datzenmike would know the best head for your stock?? engine block assembly, you likely want your compression ratio around 9 to 1, any higher and you can have knocking issues on pump gas, and I am sure that if it gets to low, that will also cause issues.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.