Opinions on these Recaros

510sAreHot

I was looking on eBay for some Recaros and stumbled across these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RECARO-SPG-SEATS-BLACK-CLOTH-BLACK-FRP-JDM-BRIDE-PROFI-VIOS-/261134412663?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cccd2eb77&vxp=mtr

and was wondering if I should buy.. They are cheap because they are a grey market product.

The thing is, I have never sat in a Recaro seat before and don't know exactly how comfortable they are.. I wanna know what your guys's thoughts are

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices are different....

You can find some nice junkyard seats that will do just as good for less money AND they recline.

Fiero seats

fiero07.jpg

20090411_fiero_seat_skins_20.jpg

integra seats

84849d1175733277-fs-94-integra-gsr-front-cloth-seats-custom-seat-covers-picture-234.jpg

img00140201101211711.jpg

It is nice to have seats with "wings" whenever you are doing some intense driving.

I'm still using factory buckets. New seats and some 5 points are on my list.

Ya and I think saying you can find something just as good in a junkyard is a misleading false statement. You get those Recaros if you need a lightweight, strong, safe, tested race seat not to look cool or w/e and you sure as shit wont find their equivalent at a junkyard.

Most higher end seats are very similar, just measurements seem to be the deciding factor far as comfort goes. For me those arent uncomfortable, I know someone with a set in a z32. They felt fine except on really long drives then I found myself slouching.

I dont need racing seats so I went with z33 seats in my s30. A couple people here have them in 510's and they look pretty boss imho.

I would love to put some VW MK2 recaros in my car.

But I really want to put some Corbeaus in...

They are really good looking seats. There are a bunch of great looking stock option recaros but sadly they are so taxed. I looked for a long time before I settled for the z33 seats.

In the UK they got a lot of awesome ones too.

I just got rid of two sets of real Recaro's. I scored mine from E30 BMW IS's. The VW MK2 seats are nice and can be had cheap. Check the yards, in the domestic sections too for "special editions". Many came with Recaro's. They get passed up all the time from people searching in the euro and import sections.

• 2 months later...