Main seal installer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I will get on these. I have a rental house that became vacant last month. Painting and tying up loose ends to get it back on the market, while being sick and doing the holiday stuff. Busy. I have the material. just need the time to throw chips.

Update. I have 24 parts turned and ready to drill the bolt pattern. I will try to start on that this weekend. However, I still dont have a 5 bolt crank to test fit. So if you want a 5 bolt or a universal, I'm not there yet.

could you add extra hole to make it work on a sr20det or ka24de crank?

I would have to had access to one or both to take measurements and test fit. Maybe someone with both could help me out.

I did do a test fit on a 5 bolt today and all is good. But my new drill makes the holes a bit tight, I will go find a metric one on monday. Should have these out next week. I have 2 weeks off soon, so these will get done. 

I would have to had access to one or both to take measurements and test fit. Maybe someone with both could help me out.

I did do a test fit on a 5 bolt today and all is good. But my new drill makes the holes a bit tight, I will go find a metric one on monday. Should have these out next week. I have 2 weeks off soon, so these will get done. 

From what I know, the KA crank has the same 6 bolt pattern, but a larger diameter surface.

the SR20DET crank has 8 Bolts and the seal is the same size as the l20b.  I always just used a 4 inch pvc threaded pipe plug and tapped it in.  I would rather not tear up the back to my potato gun anymore  lol.  This tool would be alot better.   Sorry I cant give you measurements my engine is in the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Pmed you guys on bolt pattern preference. I have a 5 bolt crank finally and can do a universal pattern. If I left anyone out, please pm me. I have extras If anyone else wants one. Just Pm bolt pattern preference. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2093_zps504cc4ae.jpg

Finally got these done. I had to go to Hell... I mean work this week, and I am dragging ass to get through it. So I will box these up when I can and go down the list. If anyone is in a rush for one, pm me.

• Like 1

I'm not speaking for the seller, but I know I just learned the hard way when I ordered a flywheel from a KA for my L20b, the snout on the L20b is a smaller diameter.  Maybe EricJB would be interested in helping you out with one.  I'd say P.M. him and see.

Do these work for sr or rb series?

I cant say for sure. The bolt patterns are for 5 and 6 bolt. I dont currently have access to anything but L and Z motors to verify. If it is different, it would not be a problem to make some up. Just a matter of obtaining the correct  #'s.

I do know they fit,

L16

L18

L20b

Z20

Z22

Z24

L24

L26

L28

I got these together to do a test fit as I was drilling them. It's the first time I saw short, medium, and tall blocks together.

IMG_2096_zps848e0b32.jpg

I'm not speaking for the seller, but I know I just learned the hard way when I ordered a flywheel from a KA for my L20b, the snout on the L20b is a smaller diameter.  Maybe EricJB would be interested in helping you out with one.  I'd say P.M. him and see.

I have read elsewhere on here that using a KA flywheel on a L/Z motor caused vibration problems. (HRH?) Maybe it could'nt find center on the smaller crank register.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.