'74 UK 610 saloon-it lives!!!!

Jim180b

Thought I'd join in bit here as I've really enjoyed reading through this massive site before and after I got my 610 here in the UK. Unlike you lot it rains here. A lot. Okay, it rains a lot depending on where you are in the US of A..And in the winter they see fit to chuck buckets of salt on the road, which is nice of them, so consequently they're are very few left over here. Like 5 saloons..which is why I wanted one..and here it is

29658490dbd184f6c4b45a97acc4d811.jpg

Looks okay? It wasn't really. The interior is great but the inner and outer wings were shot, footwells rotted through, back of the sills rotten etc etc. last on the road in 1997...BUT I really really wanted it..so I sold my zed and dived in...and here we are today!

0ebe030bc2fc5c11dfd9062e1419486e.jpg

Custom coilovers, Rota BM8s, that's it so far. Engine is bone stock, single carb, but that may change...

The question is-to paint or not to paint?

What do y'all reckon??

• Like 2
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my lord! this is amazing. personally id keep the original paint as I'm a sucker for patina/age.

i have a blue one too and would love for mine to look like this.

have you got wheel specs? they are perfect!

coil overs based on the stock struts?

Any pictures of your late zed by chance ? :)

Cheers

Here's one....it was pretty much the other end of the spectrum-glossy, triple Dell'orto 40s, 280Z Electronic ignition, high lift cam, lowered a tad from stock, superlights etc etc...

Problem was it had had 16 owners and everyone had "had a bit of a go" at it over the years so as soon as one thing was tweaked and right the next thing failed. Making it less than enjoyable...and I have a family now and wanted something rarer. Why is that? I really wanted a kenameri but then, who wouldn't? There are none in the UK to my knowledge...not sure why I want something no-one else has got...oh...hang on...EGO!!!

Z on the day I sold it..

bfaf7a1cf17eaba879753c6255bc92af.jpg

oh my lord! this is amazing. personally id keep the original paint as I'm a sucker for patina/age.

i have a blue one too and would love for mine to look like this.

have you got wheel specs? they are perfect!

coil overs based on the stock struts?

Wheels are 15x8 0 offset Rota BM8s on 195-50-15 tyres so a sttrrreeetchhhh there...rolled the front inner arches ;) and the rears I reckon could take 15x9s...but going to stick some spacers on the back...

Coilover-stock yes-sent the stripped struts off.

Have another pic!

bb814312595ab892c55ab7458154a072.jpg

I don't know a great deal about paint so my question is-can I just clearcoat it as it is? Want to get something on there before the winter sets in....

Thanks Dobo!