WTB Auto Flexplate That Fits 78 Datsun 510

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are looking for an L20B 200mm 6 bolt. The flywheels are all basically the same, but there are 5 and 6 bolt onto the crankshaft. Yours is a 6 bolt. There are also several different clutch an pressure plate sizes too. Yours takes a 200mm diameter clutch and PP.

If you find someone with a flywheel and they don't know the size, measure across the widest part of the clutch disc contact area. This one happens to be my 240mm one.

flywheel240mmthree2Large.jpg

sorry forgot to mentiont that its an automatic, i really do not know much about these cars this one kind of fell into my lap and i wanted to get into them, i drove it for a few weeks then my flywheel broke loose from the ring mounted to the motor and i was contemplating have it rewelded but i figured id try my luck here. ill upload a picture in a few minutes have to go get the flywheel it is a 6 bolt.

sorry forgot to mentiont that its an automatic, i really do not know much about these cars this one kind of fell into my lap and i wanted to get into them,

You are looking for a flexplate. Not a flywheel.

Know you've learned something.

Well this is even better as any 6 bolt automatic flex plate from '75 to about '80 on an L20B or Z20 cars and from '75 to mid '82 L20B and Z22 trucks

Any interest in just having a 3rd pedal installed.

He would have to find a whole new mounting bracket because Datsun eliminated the extra bracketing ( for clutch pedal ) on auto cars..

welcome,, my son gets a heck of lot of thumbs up in his daily driver 79 wagon. . definetly doesn`t blend in at any parking lot.

here`s my sons 79 we brought back from the semi-dead last year

http://community.rat...79-a10-warthog/

(edit ) didn`t realize this was wanted ad ,,, sorry man..but if it`s out there you will probably find it on Ratsun.

It's the one on the left. It's all one piece so this makes me wonder why it split in a circle around the bolts.

enginedriveplates78620and88D-21Larg.jpg

It should have these plates sandwiching it (not the bottom two)

transautodriveplatespacer.jpg

The top right slips over the end of the crank, then the flex plate, then the one on the left. Is it possible your left one was missing and the flex plate wasn't supported properly?

The A10 goons are a lovely car.

22750348050948895415047.jpg

The center ring that is welded to the rest ofte flex plate broke loose from the rest. I'm going to ask m machine shop buddy if its even worth saving but I still want to buy one on ere if someone has one layin around

The stock ones are one piece!!! Maybe someone took a 5 bolt hole flexplate and converted it to work on an L20Bs 6 bolt hole. That's the only way it would be welded.

Yes I understand they are one peice but this one was welded that why I said it the way did. Hopefully I can reuse this one but might not get that lucky. I'm going to see if my machine shop buddies can clean up the area around the welds and maybe add a new 6 bolt centerpiece

was just browsing around and found this, have no idea if it wil fit buts the bolt holes seem to math my only concern is the shape.

http://www.oreillyau...03232&ppt=C0338

fra-457-back.jpg

This flexplate is for the later '81 and on 3N71B automatic with the locking torque converter. This converter os larger and rounder, thus the flexplate is dished to clear it. Your torque converter will work on it as long as the 4 mounting bolt holes line up

These are the two types. The early flat one that you have and one from an '84 720. It looks like the 720 mount holes are higher up om the edge.

enginedriveplates78620and88D-21Larg.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.