need help with rust

Cakebreak

Im not entirely sure where to post this. :confused: But i am in desperate need of help with my 79 620. I do not have the skills nor the equipment nessecary to take care of the rust on my 620 before winter comes. What i am wondering is if anyone around the Bothell or Mill creek WA area could help me out with this endeavor. I do offer compensation, pm me about the details. I know all of us Ratsuners are crazy about the oics co here are some of her. :D

P6130003.jpg[/img]

P6130005.jpg[/img]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She used to look alot better that was when i first got her, needless to say the primer faded but the rust is on the rocker panels some on the floor pan not to bad though, then the battery tray has some holes and the front cross member is separated from the battery tray area, there is also some rust on the drivers side where the hood hinge mounts in the engine bay and some on the A posts ill take some oics of the rust tomorrow.

If there is surface rust then clean it up and repaint it. Anything smaller than a quarter I wouldn't bother patching unless you're prepared to do it.

I use bronze screen with long fiber body filler to patch larger holes. Just fiber filler for smaller ones. Make sure you get some converter. I use Rust Over, it works great and is easy to paint over. Lots of people use Por15 products to stop rust.

Trophy24 Thanks man! Where are you in bothell? Maybe we could get together sometime. I actually have all the body panels off the front right now and i'm doing just that, i might need a patch though at the drivers side rocker panel, there are a good few holes in it ill take a picture and post it in a few.

izzo yeah he sold it to me and ended up getting a foxbody 5.0 mustang. Did he have a build thread? That would be an interesting read.

I believe he did, wasn't his name kevin or doug or some shit?? Can't recall

Pretty sure there was a build thread on it, but its probably buried a few years, well ever since he sold it. Can't remember his screen name either.. dat620guy or some shit? Meh, someone else might remember.

I have been using the KBS products on my datsuns. They have a web site that you can order from. I was looking at Eastwoods site and every one was bitching about their quality and alot of them said to use KBS. Just my my thoughts, I like the results but it takes time to do all the steps.

izzo I'll have to do some researching! :D

Trophy24 Nice! That's not far at all, we should definitely get together some time. What kind of datsun do you have? 510?

Does anyone know of a good product to stop rust that you can paint over? I will be repainting my truck soon. :w00t: and i will need something that i can paint over, also does anyone know any good bedliners that i could use?

JoeCool Thanks man! If mine is considered minimal them i'm glad i don't have to deal with much worse.