Official Dapper Lighting Group Buy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
These are for bixenon low beams (2 Headlights). You can add halogen high beams (another 2 headlights) if you want (either projector ones or halogen ones). You can add an HID kit as well for your low beams.

Excuse my ignorance, but doesn't bixenon infer not only HID but HID with a switchable low to high beam?  If I'm correct, then I don't understand why you're selling bixenon low beams and then again giving the option to add an HID kit for the low beams for another $100...?  It seems like it should be one pair of bixenon (HID) projector headlights, then the option for a pair of high-only headlights in either reflective or projection lenses with the option of halogen or HID bulb.  Is that correct?  Is it just that the ad is misworded and you meant to say "High beam light source type" and "You can add an HID kit as well for your high beams"...?

• Like 1
Excuse my ignorance, but doesn't bixenon infer not only HID but HID with a switchable low to high beam?  If I'm correct, then I don't understand why you're selling bixenon low beams and then again giving the option to add an HID kit for the low beams for another $100...?  It seems like it should be one pair of bixenon (HID) projector headlights, then the option for a pair of high-only headlights in either reflective or projection lenses with the option of halogen or HID bulb.  Is that correct?  Is it just that the ad is misworded and you meant to say "High beam light source type" and "You can add an HID kit as well for your high beams"...?

Bi-xenon refers to the projector having a solenoid shutter (high/low beam). Just because a projector is bi-xenon, doesn't mean it includes HIDs. We don't carry lower end HIDs so we wouldn't make anything (esp. on a new design) to include HIDs. We include halogen bulbs so you can run something for now and grab an HID kit later. Also some guys want to run their own HID kits. The high beams only come in halogen because of the point Laecaon made.

We originally were going to run regular low beams but everyone wanted bi-xenon (thus the added cost). The goal is to unleash all light when you flash high beams (bi-xenon high) and (halogen high). I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks!

Bi-xenon refers to the projector having a solenoid shutter (high/low beam). Just because a projector is bi-xenon, doesn't mean it includes HIDs. We don't carry lower end HIDs so we wouldn't make anything (esp. on a new design) to include HIDs. We include halogen bulbs so you can run something for now and grab an HID kit later. Also some guys want to run their own HID kits. The high beams only come in halogen because of the point Laecaon made.

We originally were going to run regular low beams but everyone wanted bi-xenon (thus the added cost). The goal is to unleash all light when you flash high beams (bi-xenon high) and (halogen high). I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks!

Xenon is an element used in the HID bulb, though, hence the confusion. I guess that makes me wonder is the low setup going to have good cutoff with a halogen bulb or does it rely on the bixenon bulb switching?
Xenon is an element used in the HID bulb, though, hence the confusion. I guess that makes me wonder is the low setup going to have good cutoff with a halogen bulb or does it rely on the bixenon bulb switching?

Yeah you typically don't see bi-xenon with halogen bulbs. We've just included them so you have something to run for now incase you wanted to get your own HID kit. The cutoff will be exactly the same, the light just won't be as bright. H1 bulbs are single filament bulbs which mean they never move or change- there is only on or off. The shutter in the projector is what manipulates the light to have high/low (shutter open/shutter closed).

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah you typically don't see bi-xenon with halogen bulbs. We've just included them so you have something to run for now incase you wanted to get your own HID kit. The cutoff will be exactly the same, the light just won't be as bright. H1 bulbs are single filament bulbs which mean they never move or change- there is only on or off. The shutter in the projector is what manipulates the light to have high/low (shutter open/shutter closed).

How many ordered already I will have some one order from you to make up for me.

What kinds of benefits are seen with the high beam projector housing vs reflective housing?

It's mostly for looks. Some guys want to have all for headlights look the same.

I highly recommend getting a HID kit from theretrofitsource.com

I am running a complete Morimoto 50w setup, 5000k bulbs. The light output is amazing, and the color is pure white, not that blue associated with HID kits.

Make sure you use proper housings. You can buy HID kits anywhere.

How many ordered already I will have some one order from you to make up for me.

We only recieved 3 orders. We'll start pushing again after our next order comes in.

I wish more people were interested.  It seems like the 7" have been well received.  I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of people - I'd probably buy a set if they were ready right now, but since it's kind of an impulse decision I'm having a hard time wanting to pay up front for a group buy :P

I wish more people were interested.  It seems like the 7" have been well received.  I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of people - I'd probably buy a set if they were ready right now, but since it's kind of an impulse decision I'm having a hard time wanting to pay up front for a group buy :P

I wish more people were interested too. We've only received about 4 pre-orders. The 7" demand is growing too rapidly and we can't get enough inventory to meet the demand.

If the 7" slows down, then we can start to move faster in this direction and get them ready without the pre-orders. If we can get at least half the pre-orders, we'll probably be able to make it happen.

• 1 month later...

Too bad there isn't enough interest. Still going forward with the classic design just and enthusiasticly as with more interest?

We're going forward more cautiously. With the 7", there was a lot more momentum going forward. We'll slowly be testing different prototypes and adding in produts we think best fit our customer's needs. Our goal is to have the most diverse selection of sealed beam replacement projector headlights on the market.

Will those that have paid already still be getting product once its finished

Anyone who paid for a group buy has first dibs on the prototypes coming (1-2 months). We have between 5-10 kits coming in. If you end up not liking them and theres nothing else you want from our store, we'll refund your money.