Official Dapper Lighting Group Buy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What depth would you need without cutting/trimming?

I think it depends on the car a little. On my 510, I had already hammered a bit of metal in, but it almost looks factory as a followed a line when I did it. An inch shorter would have probably been better for non modded 510s. Of course one could run them on the inner spot...

Its the bucket which holds onto the sealed beam, it has an opening of like 3.5 inches or so. After having done my projector swap, I would really like to not have to trim the bucket at all. To clarify a bit on that, the bucket as a lip on the back side, I would be fine with cutting that off as its going to allow a bit more width, but not change the setup at all. The way people cut the buckets to fit the BMW Ellipsoids, that is actually destructive to the adjustment of the headlights, as you have to cut so much of the bucket that the bucket is no longer sitting on the frame.

That said, I have never measured any other datsun to see how much room they actually have. I know the later ones tend to have a filled in core support which blocks access to the back side of the lights.

Ill make you a set of Projectors q-tip...

Actually Im tempted to see if I can make a set that requires no cutting or trimming...

I could make my own I'm just lazy. And I've already bought into the group buy when the announced it. i dont mind contibuting to a stateside company either

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...