FS: (PA) L20b and "Dogleg" 5 speed

I'm trying to save up for a KA24 swap, but I would also like to sell the current drive line setup to make up the rest. Right now the engine and trans are still in the car, and until I can get it in the garage (hopefully next week) I will start to remove some parts.

IMAG0278.jpg

I have an L20b out of a late 1970s Nissan pickup for sale. The engine does run, and I've driven it for at least 25 miles. Things that have been replaced are the water pump, ER alternator, valve cover gaskets, and the carb has been cleaned but needs rebuilt. I would suggest that the buyer rebuilds the engine, but it does run for someone that needs to get their vehicle moving again.The engine has a weber carb, and is worth money itself. If I have to I will separate the carb and the engine to make some money. I'm asking for $200 for the engine and carb ($150 for the carb if someone just wants that).

Also have a "dogleg" 5 speed from a 1970s 200sx. I've driven the car and the gears are good and shifts fine. I'm asking $200.

Message me for more information. I have a video of the engine starting up, and currently the trans is still in the car to show that it can move under it's own power. Thanks.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you ship the manifolds and carb? D.C. is about as far a I'd be able to drive.

I would like to keep the engine in tact, but if I can't sell it as a whole then I will ship those items. I forgot to mention why the engine should be rebuilt. Although the engine does run, there is gasoline in the oil when I read the dipstick, which would indicate that the piston rings are bad. I also have a bad feeling that the headgaskets might need replaced, and with all these issues mounting I would rather find a newer engine over rebuilding this one.

Man I would just drive the L motor.

pcing this together as You got to save is going to take forever. PA is not a rich source of Jap parts.

Everything look intacked and ready to drive.

Why not collect all the KA stuff on the side first while enjoying your car.

L motor sell is not going to be alot of money

I'm not going to be enjoying my car anytime this year as the weather gets colder, and I want to start fixing her up. Even though this engine runs it's honestly not worth the money invested to rebuild this engine, and in a few years decide to swap in a KA. I already have an interested buyer for the engine and trans, and I might have a KA lined up to swap into.

Should be only about $200 to rebuild (re-ring kits from RockAuto are about $175 IIRC), much cheaper than a KA swap.

Rebuild during the winter months and enjoy your car come springtime!

Been there, done that...just took me 3 years for the $$$$ and swap, all without driving my 510...live and learn I guess...

GLWS

Dan

Should be only about $200 to rebuild (re-ring kits from RockAuto are about $175 IIRC), much cheaper than a KA swap.

Rebuild during the winter months and enjoy your car come springtime!

Been there, done that...just took me 3 years for the $$$$ and swap, all without driving my 510...live and learn I guess...

GLWS

Dan

I'm talking about a complete rebuild kit (http://www.rpmmachine.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5251) and then taking the block and the head to a machine shop to make sure everything is safe to rebuild. I'm getting a KA engine, transmission, wiring harness, clutch, and ECU for under that price. I understand that the L series engine is reliable and durable, but I just have no interest in this engine. I want something fuel injected, and that has potential for upgrades.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.