Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

...inspiration...

photo-1.jpg

So, on the list...

Find and paint center caps for my wheels

Find and paint bumper

Paint door trim, and under rear window

Mini c-notch, with some sort of bag setup... I'm thinking about using an air spring setup out of a semi truck and fabbing up some mounts when I do my c-notch so I don't have to worry about bottoming out with a load... ever...! :rofl:

What to do first? Probably going to have to wait til the new year... stupid holidays... Can't we just not spend anything on each other, and spend what we would on ourselves? Then we would get what we really wanted!!!

Sorry, back to:

photo-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I got the vac leak fixed too, purrs like a kitten, so far so good...

Do you know if re-torquing the head bolts is necessary? Doesn't say anything in my shop manual...

Hey, I drove by your truck in downtown Vancouver the other day. Looks good :)  Where did you find your last vacumn leak at? My 82 still has all the smog stuff on it . It runs well off of idle but still wants to idle at 1500 or so.

I'm doing back brakes and a parking brake cable over the long weekend. Happy Holidays

Hey, I drove by your truck in downtown Vancouver the other day. Looks good :)  Where did you find your last vacumn leak at? My 82 still has all the smog stuff on it . It runs well off of idle but still wants to idle at 1500 or so.

I'm doing back brakes and a parking brake cable over the long weekend. Happy Holidays

I never really found it, it just ran good after reassembly.  I got rid of all of the smog since I had it all tore down, and redid all the gaskets, which probably solved the problem.  

FYI after doing so, actually lost a few mpg, probably due to the lack of recirculating exhaust gas, which in theory may help the motor suck less raw fuel in the first place.  Anyone else have any theories on this?

On a side note I have had vacuum leaks with the adapter kit that came with my weber quite a few times.  It is actually kind of a shitty design in my opinion, I ended up milling the adapter plates all flush and doing some filing to finally fix those... Just an FYI if anyone goes that route.