32/36 question

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah he isnt the owner of the house just a roomate. the guy that lives there he dad gave him the house(Loser)

Cant get money from someone who has none or doesnt care at all.

The fucker was invovled in a shooting where is buddy was killed so I just try to avoid them.

But they very friendly to me.(probably probing then ripp you off later)then laughing behind your back,well in front of ya also.

Try the easy route first. You can also try a 65 size idle jet. Yep..backing 2.5 turns means that you need bigger jet. Try installing a vacuum gauge on intake and see what the vacuum reading is at, 20ish should be good. When I intalled an L18 on mine, it would die once in awhile coming to a stop or at stop. Used to have an L16, so I installed a vacuum gauge and vacuum was low, turned back the idle mixture screw till vacuum read 20ish or so and running okay now, I think 1/2 a turn. I think your engine got used to having ample fuel coming in an dnow with the 32/36, it may just be barely enough. If you do have the 38/38, is this the outlaw one or 38DGAS one? This should be good, not sure what jets are sized at..

Oh yeh, when you installed the old 32/36 did you changed gaskets? Like the top gasket..Sarge on 510 realm did a write up on this...also change the mounting gasket and don't tigthen the 4 mounting bolts too tight. Once this is done check for vacuum leaks first before you do any settings..vacuum leakes causes a lot of gremlins in the 32/36 set-up or any other carb set-up.

Good luck and let us know what's up...

Racerx

I swapped IN the 38DGAS again last night and still NO idle. I would think that 2 barrels going in at idle would compensate for the 32/36 idle jet(60 ) being to small.

38DGAS or Outlaw whats the difference?????

I guess my next step is a compression test just to make sure I dont have a hole in a piston but it runs fine driving around just cant hold a idle.

I think Ill give it a few more tries then the Mikunis are going back on. and see what happens

Im stumped!!!! I have swapped everything to gaskets ,carbs, intake manifold.

next thing is swap out the mechanic working on it(ME)

Perry or Hainzs, your still da the man when it comes to L series engine. Your video is a good stab at showing us a step by step process, believe me it helped me when I installed my L18, remember, Bro, my stupid oil pump was not lined up to 11.25 and so on and had to watch you video over and over again to make sure mine was lined up. Once I did that then ..broom, the engine fired up, had to adjust the timing but it's all good.

Anyway there are several 38 carbs out there and one is a copy of weber but its not the real thing. the 38 weber is a good one but I heard people are having a hard time with the fake one. I think it's made in Easteran Europe or somthing, so much for global markets these days...anyway sometimes we will never figure what what's wrong with our cars, no matter how good you are or how much help you get. But there's something wrong with the 32/36 or 38 weber you installed since your sidedrafts are working. Now regarding MPG or gas cost, if you don't drive your 510 alot meaning 3 times a week then it should not matter. Heck my 65 Mustang, Shelby clone probably gets like 12 mpg at best and I prolly drive it like once a month just to get the bugs out.

Anyway...glad to hear you got it running..

This is the carb I was referring to and if you read it says made in Europe

http://www.22re.com/main/toy/RGM.htm

I've talk to a quiet a few people about this carb since I was going to buy it from Pierce Manifolds and other Datsun guys like Keith Law and maybe Sarge but they all say that this carb was made from Eastern Europe:D

Well I got home last night and said,

Im putting the Sidedrafts back on

20mins later I had the Mikunis back on

turned it over to fill up the float bowls and it ran and went to idle perfectly on a cold motor.

explain that one!!!!!!

I must have bad setup before. I guess I got to short this stuff out(throw it away)

if ain't broke... :rolleyes:

as far as the other "crap" donate it or sell it... no throwing away allowed... and btw, I call first dibs. :D

Yep..agree with claim of 20 HP is attained by changing there carb...maybe 7 hp...

IF even that much.............remember to take advantage of some of their claims, ya gotta go with a cam and exhaust.....................nother question though...did I miss seeing where it told me How much $$$$$$$$$$$ this carb kit is....???????? I saw the shipping quote...but, no price?