Rollin ratsun style

Guest 510kamikazifreak

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Well I actually cleaned the blue bomb up a bit today(more so the wife)

But I did dremel polish the wheels:D

It is not perfect but its a ratsun:cool:

showphoto.php?photo=14546&limit=recent

Guest 510kamikazifreak
If the road's open you could drive to Parksville to-morrow.

Yeh could,But I have to work,:mad:

Have couple big jobs to be out on Monday,

Then 1 hr extra each day Mon to friday,

But there is light at the end of the tunnel after work Friday,straight home shower,Drive to the ferrie,Weee go to Canby:D

Guest 510kamikazifreak
I want your swastikas :(. Cant find any down here, lol. Nice car!

Yes Swastikas are hard to find all over...

thanks,Looks ok 20 feet away,Or at 50 mph:lol:

haha good from a far but far from good :P

Also loving your rising suns, has been in my mind a long time to do one, everycar I say i will do one, but never get round to it, so maybe now I see the ratsun boys are doing it, i should reeally get my ass out of gear and get the 910 bonnet done

Mean

Allan

Well, as I cant speak for the poeple on this forum, as I am very new, I cant say where they got the idea from

But, Here in new Zealand I am part of a club called Oldschool.co.nz

Basicly we follow alot of different treands, and alot of these are ones from japan

Now, I dont know about how educated you are on japan or anything, SO I will make this To the pointish

In japan they have young Gangs called Bosouku

these are gangs of young poeple, who Promedently ride motorcycles. Usually With straight pipes ,no mufflers and cause alot of annoyance.

57506391_DSCN0032.jpg

These Gangs are very patreotic to japan, so the use of rsisng suns and japanese flags are used, as so are the colors. Just like In the wars etc.

bosoguy.jpg

From these gangs there is the car side to it. usually highly modded in the moddy with Flares, very deep wheels, oil coolers and Crazy paint, oh and also Extreme Exhaust Extensions. take from this, you get the Od car painted with Rising runs on the bonnet, roof, etc.

052711.jpg

052721.jpg

boso155mh-1.jpg

boso310en-1.jpg

I just chose a few off my comp, couldnt find any with the bonnet painted, But I have so many Im suprised i can find any pictures of anything haha

So, there the go, hope that helped cleared that up a little.... I am going for this stlye with my 910 bluebird, though it wont have epic flares as It hard enough to get wheels wide enough to fill out the arches over here anyway

And please ignore my spelling, not one of my finer points haha

Allan

I put a Rising Sun hood on my first dime in 2002, having never seen another, or even having been to Ratsun. Originally I did it to camoflage some damage and primer, but the look grew on me. As a rising sun, it sucked. I did no research on how they should look, I just painted.

2397896491_a666fa67c5_m.jpg

The second time I did it, less than a month ago, I did it much better...

2502983473_4bbd9f82a4_m.jpg

Hainz had his 510 with a rising sun hood for years. Although its not the first Datsun to have that, its the only one I saw on the internet that wasn't a race car.

Then Icehouse and I painted the sun on our cars during the summer of 2006 and it started to catch on a spread through the Nissan community in general. I see the design used on some new Nissans too now.

Previous owner had driven the car without any sort of battery tie down. The battery hit the hood, I had a dent from the inside and burn marks to hide...

the mark of a typical owner, & the PO didnt even use the required bungee cords :rollseyes:

mine is intentional :sneaky: but will be nicely camoflagued

Yeah I had thought about it before but thought it would look like total crap.....but after I visited here for the first month or so I was thinking :rolleyes: and thought that would look good on my 521. That and it had a purple hood from the PO....It didn't even make it on the road until I painted it.

PS Speedy Al thanks for the pics, I never knew about that stuff over there. and more pics would be great!