New to Ratsun

rickyB

Hello all I am Rick and I am new to the site and new to the Datsun scene in general. I have received a lot of good information from these forums when purchasing my 521 so I thought I would join now that I have one to see if I can return the favor. My Pop's had a 68 Datsun p/u when I was a kid so when I had the chance to pick one up I did.

I have a 1971 521 she is an AZ truck so the rust is limited and overall health is pretty good. Passed Maricopa county emissions last week so that is a good start. I was a welder in my past career so I have already started on the body work to straighten a few dents and dings here and there.

Future plans:

-Paint: I am looking at doing an artificial patina paint job to keep it humble and so i don't have to worry about beating it up too bad.

-Replace the broken parts; Dash cluster, side marker lights, weather stripping, door locks, clean up what seems like a synchro issue with 2nd gear, etc.

-Suspension, I am looking at a small drop and want to pick up some OE wheels and white walls for it.

If there is anyone in the Phoenix area that meets up let me know? I am interested in purchasing or bartering for parts as well so let me know.

Thanks

87946265.jpg

4636c84a.jpg

fb7e3684.jpg

0d192b90.jpg

73e05722.jpg

56afa0a6.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first picture.

87946265.jpg

You got your pictures in Photobucket. When you make a post, open your photobucket page, in the thumbnail view. if you hover the mouse pointer on the picture, a menu will pop up, and the bottom option on that menu copies the link, with the correct HTML tags to make the picture so us lazy Ratsun people do not have to click the link to see the picture.

The side marker lights on a lot of Datsuns are the same, except for the wire length, and the rubber base between the body of the vehicle, and the light. The lenses are the same, so you can probably find some in a junkyard, even if the junkyard does not currently have any 521 trucks.

Pretty nice looking truck.

Amazzing places still have to go thru emmissions on this old a rig

i would just rubbing compound it out/buff call it good

Dont even worry about painting it

learn about points ignition or get a Electronic igntion (otherewsie dont mess with it)dont swap coils or nothing!!!!!!!!

buy spare wheel brake and clutch master cylinders and a spare slave cylinder!!!!!!!rockauto.com