These days I am Maine-ly the only Datsun guy around......

Yeah, I noticed that..........even with cars only 2-3 years old. I interviewed at a few car dealers here and was surprised at the rot situation. The toyota dealer down the road here has been replacing frames on tacoma/tundras for 2 years straight due to excess corrosion.

:huh: must be all that salt ( or whatever they use) from the winter. stuff doesn't rust that bad in TN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we use salt here, and I live a hundred yards from the ocean. Cars do not rust more from being near the ocean. A guy down the street has wave splash come over Marine Drive and get all over his cars from the wind..... but the next day it rains and washes it off and that's what saves them.

Not sure if I will ever get back to TN, especially in a Datsun, but if I am I will look ya up. I dadted a girl that lived in Smyrna a few years back. She was a great little southern belle........lived 3 doors down from Alan Jackson of all people.

Alan Jackson? :huh: damn!

Knoxville isn't too bad, just gotta know what restraunts to stay away from!!! I know of 3 or 4 places that sell good food (from soul food that costs about that to vol market burgers, delicious cheap burgers)

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

hey , just got to the site and a search for "maine" found me this. I recognize your truck from my daily "datsun" CL search (looking for a place to spray it, not sell it) so i assume your still in state.

I'm down in gray, working on getting a 510 and currently have a 240 and a 260. I just take my "toys" off the road in the winter and wash my dd on a weekly basis and it seems to keep em in decent shape. I don't get up to bangor often but if i see your datto or creeper van around i'll give you some beeps

• Like 1