TOYS! Wasted time??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rat, yes 2012 Mountain Series.

Is that a JDM grille in that Wagon? That thing is cool!

Man, I hope to make the JCCS event next year, cuz I'm moving to Colorado in 3 weeks, so I'll be much closer!

Yes, JDM '73 grill and fender mirrors. Mirrors will make the production version, not sure on the grill. Hope so!

Also note shaved bumpers and external oil cooler. :thumbup:

That example I had at JCCS is production ready, so everything you see there, including the fender mirrors, oil cooler, no bumpers and JDM grille is a go! :)

Enjoy guys, glad you're having fun with our recent offerings.

• Like 1

Like this?

aaef7325458093ccbdb5dc6313499ce7.jpg

94fe783e06955738f1e3c83dca4ff0c7.jpg

I unearthed this today, can't believe the timing!, you post about a BRE 510 and I find this in one of my cupboards.

Looks like I started this one a while ago. Going to do it to original spec per the box.

no mine is a diff one

this isnt mine but same one. its an original one not a later style with the same pic of the car but white background nor racetrack

ad61a795.jpg

not this

1_249775925e8538d99e1fcc03f53d7f5a.jpg

then i picked this up at goodwill for my gf to do while im doing mine casue she wanted a datsun model too

again not my actual set but its about the same shape on the box but it was all there even tho it was open in a thrift store... the chances of that are 1:99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

434254_111031190309_kit_(1).JPG

Update on the 510 Ute project! Roof & trunk opening has been filed & cleaned up. Had a l'il slip of my hand on the stationary belt sander, getting the rear roof line crisp, and took out a small chunk at the top of the left rear 1/4 panel. A little JB Weld filler, and should be good! The rear bed has been trimmed & fitted.......it was so close right out of the Holden Ute!......so is awaiting painting (with "Adhesion Promoter") along with the body. Rear glass out of the Holden Ute also only needs minor trimming to fit!

510ute4WD2.jpg

Next project on the desk is a Matchbox Lotus Caterham. My buddy has a UK replica series car, built by Taylor Motorsports, and is one of 3 or 4 here in the States. It will be British Racing Green, with a silver lower half (polished aluminum on the car). The car runs a Honda CBR 900 motorcycle engine, with an auxilary reverse gearbox. That car screams bloody murder! Only big drawback is that the exhaust is on the wrong side, compared to the car, and would be very difficult to swap around, cuz the chassis on this one (which includes the exhaust) is made of polypropelene (like the interiors on most), and I'm not aware of ANY glue that will hold it back together long term. It's hard enough to paint PP. That PP is a pain in the ass! This body will be easy to do......

lotuscaterham1.jpg