drivetrain noise

ok yesterday i was out cruising around in the back country roads in my 620 started heading home an started hearing a clicking loud kinda like something was hitting the drive line pulled over checked it out nothing cairer bearing is fine no bolts are lose just had it on jack stands an checked everything cant find anything wrong this is what it dose sometimes when i give it a lil gas it will stop but not all the time i let off the gas it will stop its something with pressure on the drive line that stops the noise but is not consistent the clicking slows when the truck slows down even out of gear anyone have a idea what it may be thanks Damon

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the carrier bearing is good? how about that surrounding insulator? when does it click?

my insulator is non existent but it only clicks when accelerating from a dead stop.

i know gone trough a few bearings i have a 4 speed an spacers tried to put a new you joint but cant get the old one out got the c clips out but the thing is rusted to the drive line so i put it all back together for now i am all most to the point of taking measurements an having a single piece drive line made

If you are to the point of having a driveline made, then just take your driveline assembly to a driveline shop and have them replace the u-joints, it will be cheaper than having a driveline made.