510 parts in Mexico?

I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks on vacation and I might have some time to scope out some Datto parts. I know Mexico had some different options on their 510s like solid rear ends, J motors ect. but are there any cool/unique parts that I could fit in a minivan that i should look for like badges, grills, tail lights, or ??? There must be some different little things that I could drag home and make my USDM dime look a little different. Any one have experience with Mexican 510s?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexico is big on Datsun parts, there is one place in Aguas Caliente that I know sells a ton of re-manned Datsun parts.

The 510 was actually one of the most common taxi cabs next to the Bocho(Bug) Tsuru(Sentra).

• Like 1

Mexico is big on Datsun parts, there is one place in Aguas Caliente that I know sells a ton of re-manned Datsun parts.

The 510 was actually one of the most common taxi cabs next to the Bocho(Bug) Tsuru(Sentra).

Yes datsuns were actually used as taxis, but people just started to crush old cars. In order to fit new more high demand junk cars because mexico had a high demand on american used cars. I know that because i live over here close to the mexican border about 5 min away and i also live in mexico. I travel every day to the U.S.A to go to school.

Thanks for the reply's. So Mexican 510s had different tail lights? I wasn't sure on that one. I will keep my eyes peeled. Any other cool bits I should look for? I figured the bigger cities would have fewer 510s left but I'm headed a few hours deeper to puerto pinasco so I thought maybe I'll see some out in the country. I wonder if there are any junkyards near there?

They were an option for select models on Japan as well, but here are their lights:

sss4door.jpg

These are the Japanese version with center garnish, but the Mexican look identical without the center garnish. I'm refinishing a set of stock bucket tails and would seriously purchase a set of the Mexican bezels. Or a whole unit, whatever.

I'm not too familiar with current ongoings of junkyards in Mexico. It's been a long time since I've been down there. I would PM some of the Mexican members and ask a few questions. Maybe they are familiar with the area you're headed to.

Maybe a front and rear bumper set with mounting brackets and turn lenses for 78 -79? like this picture ,, to lazy to put this picture to photobuck this morning but they look like this....real long shot.

1,969.54 pesos or less peeked-up from jour howse mang..

http://i793.photobuc...298013_4694.jpg

or if there`s none cheap enough for you to make profit or all you see are really banged up,,,a few more pictures of them..especially the rears would sure be nice..

Thanks for the reply's. So Mexican 510s had different tail lights? I wasn't sure on that one. I will keep my eyes peeled. Any other cool bits I should look for? I figured the bigger cities would have fewer 510s left but I'm headed a few hours deeper to puerto pinasco so I thought maybe I'll see some out in the country. I wonder if there are any junkyards near there?

Ah yes, Puerto Penasco AKA Rocky Point, the place where Phoenix's "greatest beach in the world" finally meets the water! The Phoenix airport actually used to sell "Greatest Beach in the World, but where's the water?" T shirts.

Edited by MikeRL411