'86 720

P.Rubber

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did I do.

Also on a side note...probably gonna get banned for saying this but when a site admin comes on a thread and tells you what you should and shouldn't do to your truck and acts like an arrogant ass, I think that is kinda shitty but to each his own.

Skib thinks that he's cooler than Texas. He uses my member title as a score board, and gives himself points whenever he's proud of himself. Texas gets points when I do something awesome or make a good point about Texas' baddassitude. Texas loses a point when any Texan commits a faux pas such as calling the most knowledgeable admin an arrogant ass.

Sorry OP for the thread jack.

Skib thinks that he's cooler than Texas. He uses my member title as a score board, and gives himself points whenever he's proud of himself. Texas gets points when I do something awesome or make a good point about Texas' baddassitude. Texas loses a point when any Texan commits a faux pas such as calling the most knowledgeable admin an arrogant ass.

Well Texas does have some bad ass roaches... damn things will fly at you...and they are frackin huge! :o :huh: :frantics: :hmm:

Also on a side note...probably gonna get banned for saying this but when a site admin comes on a thread and tells you what you should and shouldn't do to your truck and acts like an arrogant ass, I think that is kinda shitty but to each his own.

Help to solve the running problems.

I have no idea what the owners mechanical abilities are or if he has tools or experience or has done this before. This will come out in subsequent posts I imagine, but for now I see someone perhaps rushing into something. This can end up with a non running problematic vehicle and disappointment. I'd like to see this truck running well and being enjoyed.... plenty of time for major changes later... and that's fine with me. Just an opinion.

Arrogant ass??? :lol: :lol: well maybe it might seem that way to some.

I loled.

you better get in here Rhapakatui Texas is loosing points again hahahaha

What did I do.

ohhhhhhhhh geeebuuusss that was a good read :rofl:

Rhaptakaui ,,, Texas is gonna be writing I.O.U points here pretty soon ! hahaha :sneaky: :rofl:

Hahaha, see skib, Texan takes it like a man. I'd bet my hat a California boy woulda got butt hurt and said something douchey.

Now Guam guy, I need help getting that point back. Some shock and awe in your own thread might do it. Or, Texas awesomery in insomniacs. Surprise us.

come on fella Texans... just seen this score thing... and while we aren't ass holes about it, we still don't like losing!!

hey, I am Texan, was stationed in WA so dont pay no mind to that WA thing over there. This truck is driving from WA to TX in Oct. freggin awesome, right?? Pulling an 12 ft trailer too... :)

WP_001997.jpg

I must say, nice 720s all around. I've always thought of them as the ugliest datsun trucks, but they're growing in me. I even made an offer on one last weekend.

Maybe if I'd been in this section more over the last couple years, the score wouldn't be so one sided.

The z24 is a great engine. I had one as a teenager that outlasted two trucks before I let the radiator run dry and warped the head. My mom put a new gasket in it and, last I heard, it was sent to Mexico.

That being said, I hate when people Jack my threads, so any further discussion of this score issue should be held elsewhere. I think I have an old thread in GD from when I was a wee newb that I can revive.

P. Rubber, listen to Mike. He really is an encyclopedia of datsun knowledge.

PHIL: "Texas is really ugly, you know that? I mean, what could anyone possibly like about this state?"

DORMAN: "I like the way it's shaped."

GARDNER: "It's wild, Phillip. Always has been and always will be - just like us"

Anyone? Guam_Guy (Chris) has a head start on this but internet six pack for anyone who knows where this quote is from. Bonus beer for naming the actors, another beer for naming the make and year of the car used and two beers for the license number. Yes it's a Texas plate, a '72. Double point to skib if he gets the first answer because he isn't a Texan, ....... (I think)

BTW I like the shape too.

• Like 1