Help someone stole windshield trim

I need to replace the chrome trim for my windshield and antenna for my 1978 510 hatchback. It was stolen from my drive way in San Francisco as well as the stereo which damaged the dash.

Does anyone have any leads on where to find these parts?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for replacement driver side windshield chrome trim and antenna for 510 '78. It was taken off my car in san francisco. Also I had my radio stolen which damaged the dash, so I am also interested in a replacement dash and original stereo if anyone has any leads.

I would take off the rest of the chrome to give it the Euro look.

Radios can be found at Pick-n-Pull richmond. Their web pages says which cars they have. Most 60s/70s radios will fit. Or most Datsun radio circa 1978-1984 look very similar.

Antenna about $15 on eBay

• Like 1

Monitor the parts for sale section. "You don't have to be smart to be a perp!" to quote my sister who was a court baliff in the New York court system. I have several stories of supremely idiotic "perp" behaviour that she passed on to me. Too many and too funny for routine posting!

Edited by MikeRL411

Ok ok ok.... the HL510 windshield is well known to command high prices in the shadow world of hot parts. Everyone wants that trim for their cars. Please...... the only person who would want that stuff is another owner.

If he only stole one piece of the windshield trim he was probably a vandal. They swept through europe stealing carriage trim and foreever will live in infamy.

Yeah it could of been much worse, could of been goths.. :geek:

I lived in the bayview of San Francisco near a scrap metal recycling plant so I assumed it probably was a crack head, as someone also ripped the copper pipe off our building around the same time. So I walked the neighborhood looking for it, hoping someone ditched it but I never found it. I guess some one really need that windshield trim.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.