KA24DE and rack and pinion for my 68 soon!

DREWSDIME

Well hopefully I can put this cross member to use soon, I have only had it for a few years now! Hard to get work done where Im staying right now not much room in garage with my 2 door in there. My buddy has made a few of these cross members for KA swap with the KA rack and pinion also, everyone I know who got one of these still none in a running 510. Hopefully I can scrape up enough cash to have my friend Rod install KA for me. I used Por15 chassis coat on cross member and it came out OK I guess. I gotta get the rack and pinion rebuilt first and steering arm welded up.

001-35.jpg

002-29.jpg

003-28.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my friend has a jig and made this for me it was not cheap but I think worth it. Basically flipped crossmember center section and center section of Nissan 240sx 90-95 (I believe) cross member and graft into 510 cross member and also shorten arms on 240sx rack and pinion. I will post pics of rack and pinion after I get it rebuilt. I will try to using as many 240sx parts as possible for swap since i can get KA shit all day long brand new and from all the local yards. Im trying to make this swap as cheap as possible and last a while hopefully. I already have a rebuilt 1995 KA24DE calling my name everytime I open garage.