• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

Do they do polycarbonate? 

Says they will both cut and bend poly.

https://sendcutsend.com/materials/polycarbonate/

My thought is match the oval filter template and bend over a couple tabs/flanges to keep the filters in place- top and bottom, maybe on the ends too.

Im less worried about the 510 since I can get off the shelf K&N filters kits for the PhH carbs. Although it would still be cool if to have the poly front on them.

The Z will take a little more thinking since the HSRs use a friction fit adapter with a different bolt pattern.

18 hours ago, demo243 said:

Says they will both cut and bend poly.

https://sendcutsend.com/materials/polycarbonate/

Sweet!

18 hours ago, demo243 said:

My thought is match the oval filter template and bend over a couple tabs/flanges to keep the filters in place- top and bottom, maybe on the ends too.

The Z will take a little more thinking since the HSRs use a friction fit adapter with a different bolt pattern.

FWIW, I find it's often more useful to have the filter locating tabs on the inside of the oval rather than the outside. Keeps it from sagging in the middle, and gives it a better finished look. 👍

If you look inside the hole of this one, you can see how they used the bolts that hold the front to the back as filter locating guides. That is usually how I do mine.

74377_2_.jpg

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

Sweet!

FWIW, I find it's often more useful to have the filter locating tabs on the inside of the oval rather than the outside. Keeps it from sagging in the middle, and gives it a better finished look. 👍

If you look inside the hole of this one, you can see how they used the bolts that hold the front to the back as filter locating guides. That is usually how I do mine.

74377_2_.jpg

I do believe/recall that the K&N oval filters are an actually closer to circle and do require some outer edge to hold them in place. But also agree that an inner lip would be useful. I was planning on using a single through bolt/spacer to hold clamp the filter, but that could be adjusted to two. TBD this is all still a concept and we’ll see if it comes to reality… I just think a clear outer cover to show off the air horns on the 510 and the slides on the Z would be pretty cool