Weber Problem

SD_GOON

Today I rebuilt a 32/36 weber carb and put it on my wagon.

For some reason it just revs really high no matter what I do.

I was wondering if any of you guys can give me a hand

This is the kit I used: http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_1265wt_250

Here is a small video of what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjfPVW9Y8q8&feature=youtu.be

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Linkage too tight not allowing it back to idle?

Secondary stuck or jammed open? Foreign object?

Fast idle cam stuck?

Did you remove the throttle plates? They shouldn't be removed because they are very difficult to get back in proper alignment and don't close properly.

Linkage too tight not allowing it back to idle?

Secondary stuck or jammed open? Foreign object?

Fast idle cam stuck?

Did you remove the throttle plates? They shouldn't be removed because they are very difficult to get back in proper alignment and don't close properly.

I didn't mess with anything other than the parts that came in the rebuild kit.

I'm gonna check all the stuff you just said tomorrow afternoon and see if I can find the problem.

Thanks

can't tell from the video to well but down at the bottom of the adapter plate where it sits on the intake manifold, is that a thin opening to the intake manifold. Squirt some WD40 or starting fluid and see what that does. If that doesn't change the RPM then try around the other sides.

Good news guys, turns out it was the throttle linkage that was making it rev so high. I shortened it a bit and it is now idling between 900-1200 rpm witch is good right?

Anyway, now I have another problem that sounds for more serious than before. The weber is making a really high pitched noise and I have no idea what the hell that is.

Any clues?

Here's another video

Another common problem with Weber is if you tighten the linkage quadrant on the throttle shaft.

What is the linkage quadrant? Not to hi-jack this thread, but I can't get our brand new weber to completely relax out to the idle adjustment screw stop. It is on our 521 so it is cable not linkage. It is like it sticks sometimes about 1/16" before it stops. You have to pop the throttle quick before it settles.

The screw on the end of the throttle shaft, that holds the linkage on, the linkage piece is the quadrant. Don't get that screw tight, just enough so it's not loose, otherwise the throttle binds a little.

Sorry what screw are you talking about? I loosened pc. 65 a bit on the following drawing (the throttle shaft nut). It helped a bit.

http://www.carburetion.com/diags/3236DGVDiaginfo.asp

Bodster

521s you should have a helper return spring also that was on the stock Hitachi.

On 521s you might have to add another return spring besides the the one inside the carb itself.

It not a strong spring . On my 521 I route it to the valve cover bolt. but its a soft spring not one that will wear the carb out over tightening the butterfly.

This is a good idea. I may give this a try. Thanks