Does it make a difference?

DatMo

1969 vs 1972 datsun 510 2 door

I can't really tell the difference but that's because I had always loved 510s and never really actually looked into them. Can you guys show me the difference? I had just always loved the 1969. I can't find any affordable ones though. :/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't make a difference. They are both great sedans.

There aren't any visual or mechanical differences though? I know parts are more expensive for 69's so there must be.

bump. you got a reply.

Hey, did you see the reply?

Datmo, reply so we know you got the reply.

Datmo, are you there?

You sound like a paramedic trying to revive an un-concious datsun enthusiast.

Maybe he's just ocd and had to hit type bump a few times to get that fix.

Yeah any year of those 510's is cool ... The earlier ones seem to be more desirable. Go for the deal !

I got it. sorry I was showrin dawg. lol. I did google it. I didn't see much of a difference and I thought I would get better help from people than looking for myself. I was planning to get any datsun I could get my hands on between those. I just don't have the money to blow.

I just plan to do what I can to get a 2 door 510 for a nice price :)

Datmo, are you there?

yeah im here now, is there enough of a difference so you cant use same parts?

all the parts are interchangeable except the 68 has alot of one year only parts the 69 dash is a one year dash 70 thru 73 is basicaly the same dash whith color changes to the needles and a few other minor options emblems on the grill change emblem locations and sizes on the back panel change 68/69 front fenders have different lights then 70 thru 73 hood doors fenders glass all interchange

dont bump so much you need to be patient and wait for responses before bumping so many times

And we were making fun of your bumps. Please dont do it so often. This is a forum where people actually do look for threads that need attention.

As for difference, 69 balljoints are harder to find, there are unique differences that make it harder to find parts for the 69, but almost everything swaps between the 2.

And we were making fun of your bumps. Please dont do it so often. This is a forum where people actually do look for threads that need attention.

As for difference, 69 balljoints are harder to find, there are unique differences that make it harder to find parts for the 69, but almost everything swaps between the 2.

Thanks. sorru, I didnt know. I just joined ratsun today. I see. so I could still get alot of parts from a 70 - 73 for a 69?