Biking up Mt.Washington

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I ever tell you Dad and I used to go fishing for a week every year in Port Hardy? And we once bought a bearing in Campbell River after the trailer tire decided to come loose. Back then we went out in our 1971 Boston Whaler cuddy cabin. Hella sweet boat. I had it for a while, but just couldn't do the upkeep. Ended up giving it back to Dad and we sold it to some good friends of ours who use it regularly, so it's kinda nice. Only 83 of those were made.

Port Hardy! You should have dropped in for a visit on the way past Matt. lultz

P.H. was where I was wanting to bike home from but for this year (after this past weekend) I think I'm good. After climbing those mountains I don't even see the 'hills' around here, it all looks flat!!!

Wow. all this bike riding has got me bushed , i think i need to go take a nap.

:lol:

Thanks for documenting your adventures, it really is fun to check out the pictures and the story behind them first thing on a Monday morning.. B) ...Man the weather has been beautiful the last few weeks ,, i think i will go finish my coffee out on the porch..

I think that it is about 30 miles to the other end of Buttle Lake Mike, Have yet to make it to Myra Falls, Have you been there yet?

I've been down there by car only, about 20 years ago.

Wow. all this bike riding has got me bushed , i think i need to go take a nap.

:lol:

Thanks for documenting your adventures, it really is fun to check out the pictures and the story behind them first thing on a Monday morning.. B) ...Man the weather has been beautiful the last few weeks ,, i think i will go finish my coffee out on the porch..

Ha haha

Need more singletrack! ;) Nice to see a ride report from somewhere with real forests and views though. Beautiful up there.

I really shouldn't have posted that. :rofl: It's really a great spot and a well kept secret.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I've been down there by car only, about 20 years ago.

I have yet to go there, One day soon I hope..

Its far enough out of the way the mainstream types dont go .

Just the hikers and mining trucks. Have one of those double trailers pass you while riding a bike around a tight curve. I seem to remember it was a smooth curvy road without the hellish rock face on one side and cliff on the other. Seems endless.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Just the hikers and mining trucks. Have one of those double trailers pass you while riding a bike around a tight curve.

That is what makes it nice out there for sure..

I bet, it can be a challenge driving even with them.

Dont forget the twice a day bus,that transports the miners.

Yeah I was at the park Portal? you know where the giant wood elk is? Sun. morning and it went past while I was reading about the mission to see the park from Albernie somewhen before 1911. One of the explorer's brought his 20 year old daughter... Myra.

Port Hardy! You should have dropped in for a visit on the way past Matt. lultz

P.H. was where I was wanting to bike home from but for this year (after this past weekend) I think I'm good. After climbing those mountains I don't even see the 'hills' around here, it all looks flat!!!

Haha, I didn't even know what Datsun was then! :)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yeah I was at the park Portal? you know where the giant wood elk is? Sun. morning and it went past while I was reading about the mission to see the park from Albernie somewhen before 1911. One of the explorer's brought his 20 year old daughter... Myra.

Yep, Pretty cool read there.

And its funny how close Myra Falls is to PA,The same with Della Falls