4cyl L-Series El Dizzy????

nustad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a 4cyl L-Series El Dizzy?

YES, it is a four-cylinder distributor. But it is messed up as someone put a six-cylinder stator on it. IT WON'T WORK.

D4K means Hitachi Distributor 4-cylinder K-series (the famous matchbox type)

The six-toothed ring (stator) is the wrong part. It is meant to go on a D6K. I imagine you would get some terrible backfiring if you tried to use it.

YES, it is a four-cylinder distributor. But it is messed up as someone put a six-cylinder stator on it. IT WON'T WORK.

D4K means Hitachi Distributor 4-cylinder K-series (the famous matchbox type)

The six-toothed ring (stator) is the wrong part. It is meant to go on a D6K. I imagine you would get some terrible backfiring if you tried to use it.

You confirmed my findings. I knew the part number was correct but i couldn't see how the stator was going to work. Thank you!

Dirttrack510 sold me this distributor on Ebay saying it was for a 4cyl.

He won't answer my emails and has blocked me on the Ratsun forum. It looks like he has a lot of friends so hopefully someone can convince him to hear me out.

The datsun world is small and we should be taking care of each other.

I think the company that rebuilt the distributor installed the wrong stator and I'm sure Dirttrack510 didn't see the problem or he wouldn't have sold it to me.

He has mistaken me for someone that tried to install one and didn't do it correctly. I think the person burned up the module and is giving Dirttrack510 a hard time.

I was minutes away from installing this when I realized 6 prongs on the stator can't be right.....

I have an entire CORRECT dizzy set up for sale if you can her this figured out.

Just sayin.

I may need to take you up on the offer. I've already got $125 tied up in this one. I believe I can use the housing/module/vacuum advance on the one I have....

How much are you asking?

All you need is the 4-cylinder stator. I'll send you one for $10 shipping included. PM me if interested. Your distributor IS a four-cylinder one, it just has the wrong stator.

I really appreciate the offer. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Sounds like DirtBag510

What the hell, I didn't make the parts, I bought them and sold em' Cheap on Ebay, not Ratsun and it's not my fault if the manufacture made a mistake during assembly.

Anyway, Nustad... You've got mail

Yes it is your fault if you sell a bad distributor, you can now choose to make it right.

It was the manufacturers fault only between you and the manufacturer.

I'm in the middle of trying to correct the problem and your really not helping matters. I'm just saying...