Another 2dr rat

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one from IR208. I LOVE this shot. Im picking up an sr20 tomorrow. Its just a long block and im in no rush to remove the l18/dogleg combo but itll be cool to have. Both my other 510's are swapped, i figure this one deserves the same treatment.

75868174.jpg

Took my car and picked up a motor. Its a black top sr20det disassembled. Its complete just taken apart. In the photo its sitting next to my b18b1 integra block, and a set of regamaster evo's. I like to call my car the integratruck.

sr20det.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So I don't know why it always happens this way but when I locate a motor suddenly a bunch for good deals pop up. Searched and searched for an fj20 found 2, wanted a ka24, got one for free and the other dirt cheap. Got the s13 black top det I have pictured here for 100 bucks, then got an s14 sr20de for 50 bucks (assembled motor no harness, otherwise complete) and also got a red top sr20det complete no harness with trans. So the red 510 is getting swapped ASAP. Built a little box for the 510 gas tank yesterday and then out of gas for the welder. Tomorrow is payday so once the bottle is filled going to knock out the xmemeber and transmember. Still working on getting a wiring harness and ecu before the l18 gets pulled. (I had spare xmember and gas tanks.) so I'll post pics tonight of the sr pile.

i love that lower decal ... looks sweet lowered.... am i the only noticing i can see into your living room from your garage..

Oh i forgot to say, that isnt my living room. A close friend of mine owns the building my 510's are in. His shop burned down with a couple cool cars (chopped 49 ford lt1, MG B sr20det powdered, BRE prepped L series head, bunch of tools and other stuff) and he built this shop to replace it. Needless to say he went big on it. It was not originally planned to be this big but his rear neighbor kept bitching so he added 50ft just to block her property LOL. Upstairs is a 2200sqft apartment as well.

img2610gk.jpg

Here is my newly acquired s14 sr20de. 50 bucks of glory.

img1909s.jpg

img6918h.jpg

Man the de was a steal IMO, 50 bucks! I'm going to put it in my red 510 with the quickness. Ive wanted an n/a sr for a while in a 510. I'd really like to ca18det my 69 just so I can have the common 4cyl Nissan motors checked off the list.

I've been playing with the idea of putting a gsr in one of my 510's. The main issue is firing the b18 clockwise instead of counter clockwise like it fires from the factory. I was thinking of having custom cams made, running a 1:1 gear set up to turn the factory dizzy the correct way which would allow me to run common management. Then I could just reverse the injectors I think. I dunno just playing with the thought probably won't happen. I just like the idea of 9,000 rpm 220+whp 1.8 n/a motor in a 510.