$10.5K... now $9K, I hate to say it, but I'm thinking about selling my 240z

I've been thinking about it for a while and I'm tempted to sell my 72 240z. I have had a ton of people come up to me and email me asking if I would ever consider selling it and I'm actually considering it. The motor is a 280zx fully built and bored out to a 3L from Rob Fuller at Zcar Garage in San Jose Ca. The car has a 280zx 5 speed transmission and a roll cage. I slapped on some ground control coilovers and had Rob weld on perches. I don't have too many pictures of the car on me rite now, but if people are interested, I would be more than happy to take some pictures this week. Here are the only pictures I have on me rite now....

The car sits lower since I put on the coilovers and I have also added a bre front lip and rear spoiler. other than that, car looks the same as in the pictures below.

20120127142827934.jpg

20120127142810607.jpg

20120202132718675.jpg

20120202132733793.jpg

20120315183944337.jpg

2012031518400431.jpg

20120315185725382.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think based on current market i.e craigs, ebay, classiczcar, hbz etc... thats a high asking. Its a really nice z but I feel like 8k is closer. Right now the same quality car in the modified class with a lsx, rb, 2jz etc... and 6 speed can be had for 10k range. Purists will shy away to some of the mods done so again value the same.

Hell someone could pay 15k, shoot for as much as you feel you want/need. I'm just talking current market average and not trying to discourage you.

I think based on current market i.e craigs, ebay, classiczcar, hbz etc... thats a high asking. Its a really nice z but I feel like 8k is closer. Right now the same quality car in the modified class with a lsx, rb, 2jz etc... and 6 speed can be had for 10k range. Purists will shy away to some of the mods done so again value the same.

Hell someone could pay 15k, shoot for as much as you feel you want/need. I'm just talking current market average and not trying to discourage you.

No discouragement by any means....good info :thumbup: I think my motor alone is worth a ton. Rob Fuller had put thousands into this motor. Just starting her up/hearing it and driving it, made me run to grab my cash lol....I'm not in a rush to sell it, but if the right person comes around and has cash, I'll sell it. Obviously I'm not looking for people to low ball me.....you know what I mean?

Oh I def know what you mean. It may be exactly what someones looking for too thats why values can never really be spot on. w/e it turns out to be worth no one is going to find YOUR car out there somewhere, thats always worth something extra to the right person. I have a high comp with triples in my z too so I know how mesmerizing they can be for sure.

Def dont get low balled, even if its not worth 10k today it will be tom. I remember when parts cars were plentiful and a person could get a runner for a g. When you could ebay a motor together for a few hundred lol. Now people want 50 each for window rollers or 300 for recovered seats lol. Values are def going up in a hurry. I just got for my 72 shell what I paid for it 5 years ago as a complete car. As well as 1k for the perfect dash it had in it 2 years ago. What the rust doesnt claim kids and failed projects will so.... $$$

Wish my Budget was higher nice Z!! GLWS.

What the rust doesnt claim kids and failed projects will so.... $$$

That is so true. I remember when I got my first Z. 800 bucks and she was a complete runner in exellent shape. If I knew then what I know now I never would have sold her.. What do they say, hindsight is 20/20..

Ya hind site is def 20/20 lol.

Thats the truth man I sold that dash for a g to someone in the middle east. We pay out the ass for their oil then they do the same for our cars/parts.

sell it when soembody offers you money you cant refuse. Then just do it or with in 2k of the price you want since its so high.

Im sure soembody in Japan or Saudi Arabia will buy it for sure at that price,Maybe Austraila or New Zealand

I agree haha. My original price was a bit high.....but thats exactly why I posted this topic on Ratsun.... to get everyones opinion. I know everyone here would give me an honest opinion and not bash the crap out of me like some of the other forums out there lol. Price dropped to $9k :thumbup:

Still for sale....

Here's a little more info on the car

1. Disc breaks in the front (Toyota Calipers/from what I've been told) and drum in the rears

2. There are THREE carbs on my motor. All three are Mikuni's.

3. I'm not quite sure how many miles are on the motor. Rob Fuller at Zcar Garage build it and I ended up buying it off of him. All motor work was done by him.

4. There is little rust, but nothing to get all crazy scared over. The little rust thats on it was never ever a problem for me when I bought this car and still isn't. It's a 40 year old car, little surface rust. I'm trying to give you as much info as I can.

5. I do not have the original seats. These seats came with the Z when I purchased it.

Here are a couple more pictures. Motor bay is a little dirty.....I didn't have time to clean it up before taking the pictures.

photo1hue.jpg

photo2zv.jpg

photo4qqr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I did. I thought it looked better without it haha. Bumper is really clean, I don't think it has a dent on it and the chrome is super clean. I just liked the looked without the bumper. That's all

Would you be intrested in a trade for and 05 wrx wagon? I had a 240z as my first project car, them with going to school and starting a career I had to sell the z and i bought my wrx in 2006 because i needed something more reliable. I've still wanted a z ever since. Now I need to buy a house so i cant use my cash but i can trade my car. The wrx is not perfect but its a blast and since its a wagon its very usefull and reliable. I know its a long shot but if your intrested I Live in the Brentwood/Oakley area if you want to meet up check the cars out. I'm best reached by email at josegomez86@ymail.com. Thanks.

Very nice! as far as the price. I've owned a crap load of Z's. I would say just by the limited pics and description. I would say it's in the 8500.00 to 9k range. But seeing it in person could make the difference by a couple grand up or down. I would post pics of the under carriage, more of the interior and engine bay. Also post some pics of the rust areas. Give a better description of the drivetrain breakdown. How many miles on the engine,cam what kind of pistons etc. Do you have a new clutch, lightened flywheel brand names on parts. Was the tranny rebuilt. How old is the paint. What kind of wheels your running. Are they panasports or Rota's? That kind of stuff rweally helps. Just my .02 cents. Good luck

Mike

• 2 months later...

By the way that Z gives me wood and I would so rock that car if I could sell mine. The market really sucks right now. Hopefully I have a Buyer soon. I would have plenty of cash to throw down when everything is all said and done. What part of Cali are you from?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.