Solid 521 Pickup Wanted, USA near a port.

I'm Considering buying a 521, as we didn't get that model in England. Anyone got something? I don't mind mechanical problems, bad paint, bad electrics, needing tyres, brakes etc, not a problem. but MUST have solid cab,bed,frame. Must be near a port. Eg Houston, New Jersey, Oakland CA.

Thanks!

Will

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1971 521 pick up truck that has a very solid body and frame. Typical small dents here and there for a 40+ year old truck. Small areas of surface rust but very easy fix. Color is original beige (vanilla cream color) but previous owner painted it a primer gray. It runs very strong and it has 90% new engine parts along with a new fuel tank. This truck also came with air conditioning although the compressor was taken out by previous owner. I will send you pictures by tonight. Truck is located in San Diego, California. Let me know if your interested. Selling price is $3000 USD. Thanks.

-Frank

yeah the red one is on here, its pretty cool. I want to buff the paintwork on it, like scratching an itch! Wish i could buy em all, but i need to check out the $500-$1500 ones , as i've blown a whole load of my budget on other trucks :)

Also, i may be crazy but.. the higher priced trucks are 'safe', not going to end up in a junk yard. The $500 ones, i feel compelled to save as people don't seem to be saving enough of these things. I feel like i'm rescuing animals sometimes.

I have a 1969 521 that has sat for more years than I know. Inspite of that it is in fair condition. Has the 1300 engine but no carbuerator, with a 4 speed, All glass is intact except for the windshield. It's located in Phoenix, Az which would make it an easy tow to the CA ports. I'm asking $750.00. If you want pics email me at az240z@hotmail.com with 521 in the subject line.

Already saw it, its over what i could pay for an incomplete non runner at the moment sorry. On the one hand its a great project but theres so many of these trucks for sale at the moment its ridiculous and I need to pick whats best for me. I can only ship a running truck out of LA as its done on Ferry not container.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.