Me n' my 720...

Jdm720

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the brand of the rims you're swapping from? I saw some on a d21 at work tonight, but I never saw who drove it to ask.

No brand as far as I know. They're those wheels they put together at the paisa tire shops. Same with the 15x8s I got.

• 5 weeks later...

SMALL update:

Haven't done much recently, I need to pick up something else to drive..

Got a few small parts.

OEM battery hold-down

20130510_161637_zpsa8787b99.jpg

Window latch, now I really can't lock my keys inside....

20130510_161512_zps3cc60ec1.jpg

Also that little clip for the hood prop, and those little rubbers to align the hood.. Hood bumpers..? 

Relocated my stereo, and fixed some crappy wiring I was never aware of.. Still need to make it sit a bit more flush. And the compartment I installed where my stereo used to be will be receiving some matching brushed trim.. Someday.

20130510_161350_zps417a0f8e.jpg

Maybe I should clean my truck...... 

• 1 month later...

Yea I know... I don't do much.. Today I kinda slept in, it's pretty damn hot right now. Then I decided to do something productive.

I'd been having some real crappy fuel issues lately. On a cold start, idling would be great. But under load (usually in 3rd gear on on) My truck would really struggle and want to stall out.

Fuel pump pressure and flow, check.

Fuel filter, check. 

Clean lines, check. 

Fuel pump relay...?

I bypassed it, kinda like izzo did a while back, but I used a separate switch as a trigger. As shown:

20130629_174055_zpsc28ed1f9.jpg

And still had the same issue, sooo...

FPR, check.

Hmm, still had the stock Hitachi... I've miles and miles on this engine, and still counting.. I could use a bit more power... And better fuel efficiency...

So I ordered a 32/36 weber. Got it in the mail earlier this week. Like I said, I felt like doing something productive on a lazy hot weekend. After a gallon, or two, of ice cream, I was ready. I don't have any before or progress pics, but here is the end result.

20130629_173146_zpsd85d71f7.jpg

I still need to get a bunch of plugs and whatnot to block off the stuff I'm not using, but this'll do for now.

I took it around the block a few times, and there's a noticeable increase in power, although nothing breathtaking. Better throttle response as well. 

Feels good to have something clean in my engine bay...

Next up, install the new power steering pump I got, and drop the tank to swap out the sending unit. Buuut, that's if I get some motivation, and maybe a beer or two..

SMALL update:

Haven't done much recently, I need to pick up something else to drive..

Got a few small parts.

OEM battery hold-down

20130510_161637_zpsa8787b99.jpg

Window latch, now I really can't lock my keys inside....

20130510_161512_zps3cc60ec1.jpg

Also that little clip for the hood prop, and those little rubbers to align the hood.. Hood bumpers..? 

Relocated my stereo, and fixed some crappy wiring I was never aware of.. Still need to make it sit a bit more flush. And the compartment I installed where my stereo used to be will be receiving some matching brushed trim.. Someday.

20130510_161350_zps417a0f8e.jpg

Maybe I should clean my truck...... 

Snap on baby,I love the color of your truck.

how much you selling your truck for?

Currently I don't plan on selling it, at least not any time soon. If you're talking about the white kc st, I sold that one to a friend of mine a while back, didn't have it for very long..

The stock ones that came on the 4x4s, yes. They aren't easy to come by though... At least not where I'm at. And it seems once someone gets ahold of them.. Might as well consider them gone cause they ain't lettin' go haha

Yeah, I just saw DREWSDIME flare on his and they look pretty good.

I think it would look good with some crazy offset wheels that line up with the flares.

I probably won't run flares but if I come across 4x4 ones I'll pick 'em up just for kicks. haha

They really do.. And that's the only way I'd run them, with respective fitment. We'll see how things play out when I get the wheels I ordered from Dawa.

Hey if you do, and don't happen to use them, shoot them my way. Or if you get a second set or whatever, I'd definitely buy them.

I've only worked on a few, but man I love em. Everything on the engine is accessible. Macks n Volvos suck. Now I'm working on refuse, raise the body, tilt the cab, and BAM everything within reach. None of that pulling a muscle and busting my head open trying to get a damn valve cover bolt

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

What up peeps. I did something.. And I have some useful info. 

Saturday night I installed my 2" Belltech drop spindles, with my 14" wheels (I believe they're 7" wide, haven't bothered to check offset). Yup. I was working at night so I don't have any progress pictures. However, it's a fairly easy/straightforward job. Wish I wouldn't have put it off so long.. I took a few after pictures today when I greased my bearings. 

I know, I know.. I've already ordered my tie rod ends and ball joints.. Along with a bunch of other miscellaneous small shit I need..

20130722_180359_zps19b5e0e9.jpg

20130722_181627_zps38d251f3.jpg

Oh by the way, I had to grind down the threaded ends of my tie rods and max out adjustment. Not doing this will leave your alignment waaaay off. I think I saw that somewhere in the instructions, too..

20130722_181646_zps1a427594.jpg

Somehow I pressure washed everything that didn't really matter.. It's close, but they clear..

20130722_191409_zps7ed085da.jpg

Now it sits lower than before...

20130722_184845_zpsa7906bd6.jpg

Driveway is gonna get all jacked up...

20130722_185220_zps2a52aff1.jpg

Some of you at Eagle Rock may have seen (I should say heard) me come in rubbing my fenders sick with it. Well, before I left, I had that fixed. No more rubbing issues. And even though I'm noticeably lower, the ride comfort is sooo much better. I was getting real tired of bouncing around. Feels like a Cadi now.

Also, new sticker!

20130721_182639_zps0733377d.jpg