Me n' my 720...

Jdm720

Anything smaller than 16"s will hit on the lower control arm. Even with 16"s you will have issue with rubbing on the tension rod bolt when you turn. On my friends old truck we cut off part of the tension rod to clear the 16" Z71 wheels (with alot of offset).

What were the specs on those Z71 wheels..?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop spindles require 17" wheels minimum, you can get away with 16" if they have the right offset.

nis, would i still need bigger rims if was going to run adapters on my truck? I have some ol'skool 15" porsche cookie cutters that i'm going to put on my truck, they require some 1 1/2" adapters. Sorry for the ? jdm, don't want to hijack your thread!

^ I was thinking of running adapters and getting some corvette salad shooters for my truck. I only found some that are 2" but have an inch for the hub(length not width the width is 4.17") to clear and I dont know if thats enough..

Theoretically, a lower offset would give me a tad bit more clearance... Speaking of the same diameter and width.. Right..?

Yes.. We never tried adapters on these Z71 wheels but it only rubbed when you turned the wheels too much. We solved it by cutting the rod.

nis, would i still need bigger rims if was going to run adapters on my truck? I have some ol'skool 15" porsche cookie cutters that i'm going to put on my truck, they require some 1 1/2" adapters. Sorry for the ? jdm, don't want to hijack your thread!

It might work. I have no personal experience with trying to do 15's but I do believe I've heard of people running the pathfinder 15" steel wheels with drop spindles. But I'm not sure what was involved with that.

Yes.. We never tried adapters on these Z71 wheels but it only rubbed when you turned the wheels too much. We solved it by cutting the rod.

It might work. I have no personal experience with trying to do 15's but I do believe I've heard of people running the pathfinder 15" steel wheels with drop spindles. But I'm not sure what was involved with that.

I'll get some 17's for backup, and experiment with the 15s

Hey jdm, can you show me what your spindles came with? I bought a set on craigslist, the guy had them installed on a d21 i don't know if i'm missing something to install them on my 720. Please let me know, thanks!!

I think it was just the sticker haha.. But I'll check for sure when I get home

Sorry for the lag, this is what came in the box aside from the spindles..[img=http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q778/Jdm720/20130320_062806_zpsb04954bd.jpg]

Thanks jdm, I think those spacers are so that the spindles will work on the 720. Man I wish I had the specs to those parts so I can try and buy a set. Please keep us posted on how it is that they fit on your trick. Maybe a write up? ;-)

Thanks jdm, I think those spacers are so that the spindles will work on the 720. Man I wish I had the specs to those parts so I can try and buy a set. Please keep us posted on how it is that they fit on your trick. Maybe a write up? ;-)

Maybe hit up suspensionsource.com with those part numbers..? 

May or not be soon, But I'll try to document everything with lots of pictures when I get around to it.

For now just gathering all of the parts  B) 

Yes, those spacers are for the 720 application. On my truck I was able to install Hardbody rotors and did not need the spacers.

So these will be fitted for the installation of spindles and bigger calipers and whatnot... Just picked up this set earlier. Still have an eye out for some JDM wheels though.

I should have plenty of clearance.. I'm thinking machined front hubs..

20130321_202528_zps180da2bb.jpg

20130321_202522_zps1cde351d.jpg

Specs:

18x8

+25 Offset

Hecho En Mexico

20130321_202651_zps0c4389c7.jpg

Looks like I'm gonna need a fender roll.. Possibly a flare.. Hmm, gonna have to address my ride height situation as well, don't wanna go any higher..

Also, discs will push the wheels out further, I'm keeping that in mind...

Tires are 245/40s (didn't want too much of a stretch.. And moar WIDE)

20130329_183409_zpsb57f684d.jpg

20130329_183425_zpse899b0d1.jpg

I like it, thought about running these but wasn't sure how it would look.

Could you post pics of the whole truck with those wheels please?

Will do as soon as I get them all on. Gonna machine the front hubs to accomodate these babies.