Me n' my 720...

Jdm720

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't done much lately... But I got home early from work and started going over some things..

My reverse lights never worked, cables are frayed somewhere.. And I've always liked this on the R34...

nengun-3764-01-eastbear-er34_rear_bumper_diffuser.jpg

So I thought what the hell might as well... May tint it red though, it's a little on the bright side.. I'm gonna fix the other reverse light too... Maybe

10xa80l.jpg

I realized today that I find myself often improvising with alternative solutions to issues I think most people would just want to fix, shall I say, "the right way"

My headlights have been giving me problems, I've done some investigating, but decided to just go with HIDs with independent wiring, my right way.. And no not those plastic headlamps, I've come across glass lamps that look exactly like the sealed beams, with an H4 input.

I can't seem to find a straight valance, so I'm considering a Yota bumper w/valance...

Etcetera..

Anybody know any places that can do some quality reupholstery for a good price..?

And I'm gonna try to get the material myself..

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to installing them, last night... No problems so far, and I can see a LOT better...

Oh yea, new fogs coming soon... One decided to commit suicide while I was doing about 90 down the 91...

Thanks nis720 :thumbup:

2af0eut.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I haven't made much progress.. Been busy looking for a new place, and getting my car on the road..

Recently hit 280k miles, did a tune-up..

Oh and I found a valance in much better condition than mine. (a little plasti-dip solved the color issue, temporary)

Truck was down a few days last week while I solved a grounding issue, so I was finally driving my car after over a year.. Missed my truck, but we're back in action.

Here's a pic of the new-to-me lip installed, and two of my vehicles getting to know each other..

SAM_0221_zps523651dc.jpg

Did you ever finish that e-brake swap? just wondering 'cause I want to do that to mine.

You'd like to go hydraulic as well..?

Not really, I'm planning on doing so when I swap in an LSD rear w/discs...

Should've been done by now, but you know.. Other things always come up and get in the way.

I knew a guy with a Yota who used a Godspeed hydro e-brake, tapped into his brake lines for the rear.. WITH the stock rear drums.. He drifted it up in the canyons, bad-ass little truck..

I'm probably gonna use a Pathfinder/Hardbody combo.. Probably...

I just tore up the interwebs looking for this link...

Something about his e-brake should be somewhere in there..

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/build-up-project-threads-23/my-little-canyon-runner-drift-machine-13142/

Can't see the pic of the interior shot but his custom hydro e-brake is DOPE! If i can get the money I'll probably buy the hydro e-brake kit and just make a bracket. Then go to a junkyard and take the rear disc brakes from a pathfinder. Seems like a pretty good goal/project. I wonder how good the drum brakes hold up. 

Oh yeah, and go straight axle with an LSD.

Hopefully..................lol

When I was looking for one I think the Godspeed e-brake was going for 100-120.. 

But JDM Sport had them for 80 or 90 bucks when I saw them at Autocon..

As for LSD, I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get to it  :rofl:

I'd to get it cleaned up before the goodies.. Bodywork and whatnot..

I don't know which is the best one. I heard ksport kits are good. Right now I'm just clutch kickin it. AHAHA......

And yeah bodywork for sure. My truck is half gray primered and my driver side door is primered. Still need to do a little bonds and spot putty. You can see it on the 720 thread. It's the JT'S NAPZ BUILD.

yeah it's doing good. But I have to redo the bed because my uncles pitbulls keep jumping on it when they get all excited when I pull up. 

Just got some dough so hopefully I can sell some things and buy a new carb. and primer. The body is pretty straight just a couple dings so just all wet sanding, priming and sport putty. I'm just gonna run it primered for now. Then when I start driving it I'm gonna lower it some more. It's going to be my daily/drift truck.