New to me 71 2 door

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so finally got around to painting the trim.. well i used plastidip, works pretty good I did the whole front and window seals. has held for the last 2 mo with no problems. also wanted to post a video of a 0-80 run, sorry for the quality it was with me holding the phone and trying to drive, lots of wheel spin lol.

DSC_0076.jpg

th_MOV_0033_zps60e48943.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... Dropped the oil pan so I could re-shape it so that the stock steering would fit. Found water in the oil, no bueno.... LIM failed but its cool since I was already going pull the engine for the S/C.. Anyway here are some photos.

CAM00449_zps834vfsdt.jpg

CAM00448_zps1ka4q3xx.jpgCAM00458_zpsxw7gp257.jpg

Pistons will be here WED WOOT... so in the mean time I had to modify the intake manifold to get rid of the throttle body water outlets. So pick up some aluminum brazing rods, the low temp kind, and grabbed a a propane torch and got to work. First things first throw the intake on the grill and and turn it up as hot as it would go. left it on there for 45 min. the used the torch to heat it the rest of the way around the area, what a pain in the butt it was to get it to heat up enough to use the propane torch.

here are the before and afters.

CAM00480_zpsk7rythmx.jpg

CAM00482_zpsmnbzmwhx.jpg

I've always loved this thing. Super stoked to see the S/C!

Me too... hope to have it running by the end of this weekend.... well thats the plan anyway... took me 3hrs to het the harmonic balancer bolt loose last night. my dumb a$$ should have pulled it while it was still in the car, it took 2 tie down straps a couple pieces of old hose and a breaker bar with a piece of pipe on the end of it, and i had to use a torch to heat it up.

Kennesaw GA. huh.... God i wish i was home. im from Hartwell GA. GO DAWGS!!

WOOT!!!! it runs... really wanted to close everything up and drive it, but i had a bad fall while snowboarding on Saturday so i got some bruised ribs and its hard to do anything. need to clean up the wiring and fix the ALT bracket more permanently. here is a clip of it running phone took it sideways, and sorry for the crappy sound

CAM00559_zpsuifpwjr2.jpg

th_CAM00560_zpsmp8r52l3.jpg

• Like 4